Monday, December 30, 2013

That's Laundry

I got up early so I could get the laundry done today. I won't have the time to do it until Thursday, and that's really too late. I needed clean work clothes. Thankfully, the laundromat was busy, but not as crazy as last week when I arrived, and the weather was cloudy and damp but not rainy. Helped that I had a small load, too. I was in and out in less than an hour.

I had just enough time to get home, put everything away, change into my work clothes, throw muffins and an apple into my lunch bag, and hurry to work. Work was on-and-off steady all day, sometimes pretty busy. We had plenty of help, and there were no major problems. I was able to hurry home at 5PM; thankfully, it had slowed down enough by then for me to leave without a relief.

When I got in, I made baked Italian-breaded chicken fillets and honey glazed carrots for dinner while finishing the first That's Entertainment. I generally tend to put on this or the third Entertainment documentary on the MGM musicals of the 30s, 40s, and 50s as background music when I'm busy or don't feel like watching anything else. Yeah, I know almost all of these films can be found in full now either on DVD or in the Warner Archive, but it's still fun to see them strung together, with a huge raft of hosts (almost all now passed on) gushing about how great it was to work there. Great fun for fans of musicals, not a bad rental for casual fans who want a general overview of MGM musicals in particular or Hollywood musicals of the "Golden Era" in general.

No comments: