Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Actually, I pretty much started off today with work. Despite it being cloudy and cold, we were surprisingly busy for the day after Christmas. As one manager pointed out, it's usually a lot quieter. We were getting early beginning of the month people, too - maybe because the beginning of the month is on a weekend? Anyway, there were no major problems, and it did slow down enough for me to shut down without a relief.

Very mixed feelings on my schedule. On one hand, not only do I have New Year's Day off, but Monday and the day after New Year's as well. I'll be able to make a quick shopping trip on Monday and hit the record store and see The Force Awakens with Joe and Jessa next Saturday, not to mention see the Mummers' Parade. On the other hand, that only leaves me with 20 hours this week. I have the feeling that's going to be a mistake. If the weather's going to stay bad (and get colder), we'll be having a lot of people coming out just because they can't do anything else.

Having spent a lot of the week eating at work and at other people's houses, I didn't have a huge grocery trip this week. I took advantage of a 50% off on Purdue sale to pick up drumsticks, chicken breasts, and ground chicken. Grabbed a ham steak for New Year's Eve, too. Restocked peanut butter, apples, grapefruit, cereal (the Acme's generic brand is still on sale - went with Shredded Wheat), and tape. Bought another Star Wars bag to carry it all home in. This one has the original hero group from A New Hope - Leia (in an unusually lower-cut version of her dress), Luke, Han, Chewie, and the droids.

When I got home, I worked on writing for a little bit, then put on the animated Disney Cinderella. It's a fairly straightforward retelling of one of my very favorite fairy tales. A young lady receives help both animal and magical to get to a ball and win the hand of the prince. Other than the prince himself is a bore, I've always loved this one. I like that Cinderella isn't above being a little snarky when her stepfamily isn't around. The mice are hilarious, especially trying to get breakfast and pick up the beads and sash. The stepmother is wonderfully wicked, one of Disney's best female villains along with Maleficent and Cruella DiVil.

And...darn it! The Eagles are done for the season. They couldn't get anything going against the Washington Redskins and lost 38-24.

No comments: