Sunday, March 22, 2020

Of Detectives and Matches

Began a cloudy early morning with work. While I did return cold items once, I spent the entire morning cleaning bathrooms and wiping down surfaces. They're further limiting what people can do in the store. There's now arrows that indicate customers can only go one way to keep away from others and where they can stand in line, and there's a one-item limit on all meat, cleaning and washing items, or anything else they don't have much of.

Needed a few things I forgot yesterday after work. With all the baking, my regular white flour container is getting low. Realized when I made popcorn the other day that I'm almost out of kernels, too. Found a container of hand soap that had been misplaced at the clearance racks and though I'd grab it.

When I got home, I changed and put everything away, then made quick Lemon Pancakes for lunch. Just added lemon juice and zest to whole wheat buttermilk pancakes. Other than I burned the side of one, they didn't turn out too badly. Nice and fluffy.

I rushed the pancakes because the guy who cleans up the Match Game episodes online is on quarantine and had the time to put together a huge 50-episode, two-day, nine-hour marathon of Richard Dawson's best moments on the show. I arrived in time to catch everything from late '74 onwards. Favorites include at least two times where Richard imitated his character from Hogan's Heroes Corporal Newkirk, him helping Gene out when the zipper on his boot broke, and one of my all-time favorite episodes, the incident on one of the earlier PM episodes where Richard gave "Color Television" as an answer to "Admiral ___" in the Audience Match. Gene didn't believe it was on the board, so Richard made a wager...and guess who was right?

Here's the entire marathon - and look for the second half with the episodes from 1976 to 1978 tomorrow!

Best of Richard Dawson on Match Game Marathon 1973 - 1975

Finished the night after a shower and more Match Game with Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. Phryne is enjoying her night at the Green Hill dance hall when "The Green Hill Murder" ends things on a sour note. One of the patrons falls down dead, stabbed with a tiny sharp instrument. Turns out the guy was a nasty jerk who blackmailed pretty much everyone at the club and their relatives. There's no shortage of suspects as Phryne convinces Jack to let her join in and tries to get his constable Hugh to take her maid Dot to the policeman's ball.

No comments: