Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Happy Feet and Sweet Treats

Began the day with sleeping in again, this time without interruption. Watched an episode of the 2003 Strawberry Shortcake during breakfast. "Angel Cake In the Outfield" brings the fussy mini-baker out to join her friends playing ball. Angel Cake insists on perfection in all things...including her baked goods and her games. When she keeps making mistakes and falling over, she quits, taking her ball with her. Toddler Apple Dumplin' and her pet Apple Ducklin' finally show her that the best part about games is having fun and doing our best, not doing everything right the first time.

Spent the next hour or so paying bills. Finally joined Cooper Hospital's website after several doctors and secretaries suggesting it to me for the past month and a half. To my surprise, the bill wasn't the 15 they had listed, but 92! The figures for my second X-rays must have just come in. Good thing I also got my disability money today, and more than I thought (though not as much as last time).

After I got off, I made my grocery list, then called Uber. Not only was my bee-stung foot not up to a long walk, but while not as hot as it has been, it's still hot for walking. Next week, regardless of how hot it is, I think I'll just walk. I should have gone earlier. I had to wait for longer than I should have for the rides both ways, though it didn't take very long for them to get me there and back.

One of the main reasons I wanted to go to the Acme today was to cash in my coin jar. It was only half-full, but we're in the middle of a national coin shortage and I really don't want to haul even a half-full jar of change to the new apartment. I only got $5.43 out of it, but that'll pay for my laundry this week.

I'm still trying not to buy a lot of food, but there were some perishables that I'd need for the next week. Spied a container of hummus and remembered there was a can of chick peas among the ones I moved to the crate the other day. Bought blue corn chips to have with hummus for lunch. Grabbed coconut to make no-bake cookies later. Found mini mint-cream sandwich cookies in the clearance racks. Had online coupons for the Acme generic pint "natural" frozen desserts; went with a blueberry crumble ice cream made with oat milk and peach sorbet. Discovered individual packs of fish in the seafood cooler. The small ahi tuna steak had the least sodium. Restocked butter, yogurt, oatmeal, milk, and bananas.

After I got home, I made the hummus and sliced celery sticks while watching Super Password. Nathan Lane and Elaine Joyce continued their run today, doing better with the Super Password bonus round than the Cas$hword game. My hummus came out better, perfectly nutty and great with the celery and chips.

Moved on to making Coconut No-Bake Cookies as Tattletales came on. Gossip columnist Rona Barrett and her then-husband Bill Trowbridge were the big winners today, getting almost all the questions right (except for one all the couples missed). The one woman contestant on Press Your Luck won big today, hitting no whammies and picking up a stereo and a pool table, while the two guys hit three whammies each and barely got anything.

Worked on writing for a while after sliding the cookies in the fridge. Richard and Ira go back and forth with their duel. Richard reminds Ira that he hasn't always been the best lawman in the world, looking the other way as his queenly boss wrecks havoc. Ira points out that Richard should do what he's told and should have stayed in his employ. Richard does manage to push him back, but he's still feeling the effects of Malade attacking him and may not hold out much longer...

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Had a wonderful meal of ahi tuna and sliced zucchini cooked in a lemon-wine sauce with cucumber-tomato salad while watching Match Game. Della Reece joined Avery Schriber, Betty White, and the regulars for today's episode. The lady champion didn't need help from the Fame Board this time on Sale of the Century. She easily won on her own, buying an Instant Bargain and still getting to the bonus round with little trouble (which she won again).

Finished the night online with the Match Game syndicated premiere and King of Jazz on YouTube. I go further into this lavish early 30's revue that featured the film debut of Bing Crosby at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Cult Flops - King of Jazz

No comments: