Saturday, April 10, 2021

Hot Day In April

Kicked off a sunny morning with breakfast and more brand-new Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. "Jodi's Asthma" makes it hard for her to play Splatball with the other kids. They find sit-down games to play with her until she's breathing better. "Daniel and Max Play at the Playground" on Daniel's autistic friend Max's xylophone. Daniel is upset when there's no room for him, but their parents find a way for everyone to play.

Dashed off to work when the show ended. Same deal as the last few days - not bad in the morning, insanely busy with long lines from noon onwards. At least I had a lot more help this time. Two of the college students who only work on the weekends were in late in the morning and afternoon to take over the sweeping and push carts with me. Thank goodness they were there. I got stuck in the register at least twice when the lines were around the store again. Only swept once, when the afternoon bagger went on his break, and that was an hour before I finished. At least it was a gorgeous day for pushing carts, sunny, breezy, humid, and very warm, probably in the 70's. 

By the time I got off, the lines were long gone. Got my own grocery shopping done in comparative peace. I didn't really need that much, anyway. I ate leftovers all week. Have had trouble with my bathtub draining slow and bought Liquid Plumber to help. Found bags of mini-Yorks on clearance for a treat (and to make up for missing the egg-shaped Yorks after Easter). The Acme's generic low-fat Butter Pecan ice cream was on clearance, too. Restocked peanut butter, yogurt, milk, cereal, bananas, strawberries, and oranges. 

Mixed feelings on my schedule next week. In good news, far more normal hours, with Wednesday and Friday off (the former for my birthday). I just wish Wednesday wasn't my first day off, and that I wasn't cashiering all week. 

Returned to Daniel Tiger after I got home, changed, and had leftovers for dinner. We're introduced to Teacher Harriet's nephew in "Daniel's New Friend Max." Max is autistic, and the kids have to learn that he likes soft noises and they need to help him play in his own way. Max loves busses and is looking forward to putting his bus clock up with the others at Dan Sr's clock factory. "A New Friend at the Clock Factory" finds Dan's beloved Chime Time to be too noisy and overstimulating. The Tigers and their neighbors figure out a way Max can join in, too. 

Finished the night watching Bambi while having mini-Yorks for dessert. I go further into one of the darkest and most charming classic Disney animated films at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

No comments: