Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Well-Begun Is Half-Done

I'm still working on spring cleaning. Did the windows and vacumned today, including places I don't usually bother with, like under the wires on the computer (I'm always afraid I'll knock plugs or wires out and lose memory, or worse). I didn't move any furniture that requires more than one person, for obvious reasons. That strong, I am not.

Tomorrow, we'll do a throrough dusting, including under all of my collection displays (Sailor Moon dolls, bears and porcelain dolls, the seasonal doll display on top of the big bookshelf, the Star Wars action figures, the tiny Pokemon and Beanie Babies). I'll go under all the CDs, videos, DVDs, and books, too. Oooh, and the big plant needs to be watered.

I'm in the midst of re-reading one of only two Nora Roberts books I ever liked, Hot Ice. It's basically a variation on the 1984 film Romancing the Stone - bored rich girl meets guy with hot treasure they search for in an exotic place while being chased by bad guys. This is my kind of action, and the romantic aspect isn't emphasized too heavily, thank goodness. It's very obviously from 1987. This is very much a "Greed Decade" tale, from the exquisite descriptions of high-class, Dynasty-esque lifestyles of the rich and bored, to the breathless last-minute escapes and almost-implausible chases, not to mention a James-Bond-worthy villain.

No comments: