Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Quick Note Before Bed

Just dropping a quick note to say yes, I'm here, but I just kept forgetting to post! I've been very busy on my two days off. Yesterday was my volunteer day. We did very well, both customer-wise and with donations. I met a new volunteer, too, Martika. She's my age and she likes thrift shops and works in a post office. I hope to see more of her. She was a lot of fun to work with, and a great help!

I ran a lot of errands in the Deptford Mall area today. In addition to small items and simple underwear picked up at Target (Wal-Mart is always out of my size, and Target's prices are better), I also grabbed two Easter DVDs (the Rankin-Bass special "The Easter Bunny Is Coming To Town" from Target and splurged on "Easter Parade" from Barnes and Noble) and the 1937 and 1952 versions of one of my favorite novels, "The Prisoner of Zenda," on DVD.

The Acme actually did call me in early this morning, but I turned them down. I do feel guilty about it, but I've put off the Deptford Mall trip for weeks because I usually used my only day off - Friday - for volunteering. I'll pick up more hours if they ask me to next week and in the upcoming weeks. (I didn't sign up to work for Easter, though that doesn't mean I may not still work the holiday. I won't find out until Friday. I'll make it up to them and work the major summer holidays.)

No comments: