Friday, December 16, 2011

Busy, Busy Holidays

Started off today in the back room. I wanted to round up things to bring to the Logan Presbyterian Church Thrift Shop tomorrow. I cleared out a whole rack of bath scrubs and gels and lotion I never used, along with several Care Bears and stuffed animals and that Darth Vader cookie jar. I separated the remaining videos into three bags. Two bags went to the Oaklyn Library today; the remaining bag will go to Haddon Township on Tuesday.

I did go to the Oaklyn Library next to volunteer and give them my donations. There wasn't much to do. A few people passed through, and a mother and her adorable daughter arrived as I was working on the children's picture books. I left the little girl reading a Sesame Street board book. She was so sweetly intense.

Since it's down the street from the Library, I swung by Dad and Uncle Ken's next. Though Dad's car was in the driveway and the TV was on, there was no one home. The place was far from empty, though! It looked like Santa's Workshop had moved south. There were packages, tape, and wrapping paper stuffed into every nook and cranny. No, I didn't check to see if any were for me. When I couldn't find any people around, I left.

Spent the remaining hour and a half going through a pile of papers on the top of my printer. Most of it went in recycling. I finally got around to hanging up a small poster of Han Solo and Chewbacca that I've been meaning to put on the walls in my bedroom for years. The rest went in the folders and file holders under the printer.

Work was very busy when I came in. I'm guessing a lot of people took off early to get things done before the holiday. There were very long lines, and we didn't have enough help. There weren't even any call-outs. We just didn't have enough help scheduled. Thankfully, it slowed down well before the traditional 4-6 rush hour was ending and was quiet by the time I got off.

I had a lot of grocery shopping to do. I bought more of those cookie holders to use for baked goods and bags for bread. I needed to restock tea (got another Bigelow holiday flavor, Pumpkin Spice), apples, yogurt, Smart Balance spread, eggs, grapefruit, tangerines, bananas, and almonds. Bought mousse mix and more of that wonderful Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cookie Mix to use for presents.

My schedule is hectic! I did get Tuesday and Christmas Eve off, but I work 7 hours on Friday and really late hours for much of the week. At the very least, this should allow me to finish what I need to get done.

No comments: