Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Animated Avengers Adventures

Spent most of the day running through the rest of Volume 3 and 4 of Avengers: World's Mightiest Heroes. I wish the libraries had more of this. The last couple of episodes had the entire group dealing with the Masters of Evil, then ending up in Thor's native Asgard to save it from Loki, the main villain of the Avengers movie. If you liked the movie or are a Marvel comics fan, this is a no-brainer. If you're new to the Marvel world (like me), this is actually not a bad place to start. 

I went for a walk between cartoons. The day had started out cloudy, but the sun was coming out by 11:30. Volunteered at the Oaklyn Library for a little while. There were a few books to shelve in the kids' section, and lots of DVDs and books to organize.

After I left the Library, I went on a short stroll to enjoy the day. Most yards and Veteran's Park next-door still show the effects of a winter that was not horrible, but colder than last year. The grass remains dry and brittle, but many trees have soft, fuzzy buds, and some gardens (including Miss Ellie's next to her basement) are showing the first signs of daffodils and crocus. It was breezy, but not nearly as windy as it has been, probably in the mid to upper 40s.

When I got in, I defrosted spring peas and had them with the last of the lamb for lunch and finishing out the Avengers. I made lamb stock while doing some things online and doing a little reading. I got off just in time to watch the last of the disc, toss a container of leftover tuna salad into my lunch bag, change into my uniform, and head to work.

Work was steady for a lot of the night. We were short on help, too. A lot of the college kids and the new high school baggers they hired had been recruited to clean and paint some parts of the store. I'm lucky one of the kids finished in time to come in for me so I could go home. 

And I really need to call Andrew tomorrow. My heater is making grinding noises again. It did this during the winter of 2011. I thought Miss Ellie had it fixed then, but it doesn't seem to have worked. It was so warm here last winter, I doubt the heater ran enough to make noise! 

No comments: