Sunday, September 08, 2013

I Left My Football In San Francisco

Started a still-nice but warmer and slightly more humid day with Brunch With the Beatles. Solo Beatles songs were in the spotlight on this morning's show. John's hits on his own included "Instant Kharma," "Whatever Gets You Through the Night," "Imagine," and "Just Like Starting Over." Paul had a number of hits with his group Wings in the early and mid-70s, among them "Live and Let Die," "Jet," "Band On the Run," and "Silly Love Songs." Ringo had his greatest success in the mid-70s with "It Don't Come Easy" and the remakes of "You're Sixteen" and "Only You." George's "My Sweet Lord" went to the top of the charts in 1974.

Had a short but interesting chat with Mom after I finished my Lemon-Rosemary Pancakes. She was going through fabric swatches, trying to decide on a design to make an outfit for herself. Apparently, she's been making clothes for herself for the first time since she was a young adult. We talked crafts, and then I told her about my heavy upcoming schedule. She said basically to slow down this week and try to rest as much as possible before work. I need to tell my managers about my sore knees and heel spur, too.

I do intend to take her advice on resting, especially since it's supposed to get much hotter later in the week. The laundry can't be put off, and I could probably get away with the short walk to the Oaklyn Library. I'm not going to be able to pull off the Haddon Township Library visit, though. I need to dust and do the windows before vacation next week, but that won't require a lot of heaving lifting.

Headed off to work about a half-hour after I finished with Mom. Work was very busy all day, not surprising for a Sunday or the beginning of the first full week of school. Thankfully, the afternoon went quickly, my relief was actually a little early, and I was in and out.

When I got home, I changed into regular clothes, then plopped on my couch to work on a new crocheting project and listen to the first football Sunday of the 2013-2014 NFL season. Since the Eagles play tomorrow night, local sports radio station WIP had the San Francisco 49ers-Green Bay Packers game on. I listened to the game all afternoon, while crocheting, taking "beginning of the school year" photos of the dolls, and making salmon with fresh peppers for dinner.

And what a way to kickoff the season! The game was amazing. Neither team dominated the game - one would score a touchdown, and then the other would turn right back around and get another one. Both teams played fiercely. There were flags and penalties every other minute, some of them rather vicious, including a fight. In the end, the 49ers' two field goals and a final touchdown helped them to victory, 34-28. 

No comments: