Sunday, August 30, 2015

Music of My Childhood

I was up late chatting with Lauren last night and didn't get up until quarter of 10. It was near 11 before I got going. I made Pineapple Pancakes while listening to one of my 80's music collections. I picked up Everything 80's from what was then the Super Fresh in Westmont shortly after moving here. It's two discs of pop and dance songs from the 80's, from "Our House" to "Karma Chameleon" to "Walking On Sunshine." It makes for a great pick-me-up and some wonderful memories. I remember dancing around the house to these songs on the radio when I was little.

Work was steady, but not quite as busy as yesterday. It slowed down considerably by 4 PM. There were a few annoying beginning-of-the-month people, and I was tired and got frustrated easily. Thankfully, my relief was early, and I was able to easily get out on time.

I went straight home. I had originally planned on spending the rest of the afternoon writing. I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to get my internet working. I called Comcast three times; got cut off the first two times. I knocked down my bulletin board trying to find the cables to the modem. The broadband connection just wouldn't connect, despite the fact that the modem was working.After an hour and a half of struggling, Comcast finally told me to check and see if the Wi-Fi was enabled. Oops. It was not. Somehow, the computer had shut it off. I turned it on, and the internet has been working fine ever since. I wasted an hour-and-a-half that I could have been writing and feel like a complete idiot.

I tried to cheer myself up with scrambled eggs with farm-market fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese and the Debbie Gibson album Out of the Blue. I listened to my cassette copy of this constantly as a 10-year-old. Tiffany, too. My sisters and I had a pink and silver radio/cassette player that was our first "stereo." I remember listening to Tiffany and Debbie Gibson while reading or doing homework and making up my own "music videos" to the songs in my head.

No comments: