Saturday, October 03, 2015

Windy Fall Harvest

I was in bed reading Cream Puff Murder for so long, I didn't get to breakfast until past 10:30. I ran Bugs Bunny's Howl-oween Special while eating and getting ready to run errands. Bugs is perpetually bedeviled by Witch Hazel in this collections of segments from horror-and-Halloween-oriented Looney Tunes shorts.

By the time I got out and picked up money from the ATM machines at WaWa, it was past 11:30. The Collingswood Farm Market was getting ready to shut down, but I was able to pick up a few items. While peaches, corn, and cucumbers seem to be done for the season, I did see broccoli for the first time this year. In addition to the broccoli, I grabbed apples, an onion, a tomato, a yellow zucchini, and this year's annual pumpkin. I always buy a medium-sized pumpkin to use as a centerpiece. I never carve my pumpkin. I'm no good at cutting things. I'd probably end up carving me! I leave them plain as a decoration until after Thanksgiving or they go bad, whichever comes first.

While we haven't  had any real rain since last night, it was cloudy, cold, misty, and VERY windy! It was no day to be out running around. Besides, I wanted to get some things done at my place. I dodged the wind and headed straight home.

When I got in, I made Norsk Apple Muffins and had a quick bean salad lunch while watching Scooby Doo On Zombie Island. The first of a long line of direct-to-home-media Scooby movies begins with Daphne getting the gang back together to travel around the south, looking for real ghosts (as opposed to villains in masks). They eventually end up at Moonscar Island in the New Orleans bayous, Two women who live in an old plantation house claim it's haunted by real ghosts. The kids get a lot more than they bargained for when they realize that not only are the ghosts real, but they may end up being the next victims! Still one of the best in the movie series, and one of the few to genuinely play up the horror elements.

I did a quick writing session while the muffins were in the oven. Pruitt orders "Sir Johnathan Arnold" to follow Jeff and find out what he's doing in Yorkalia City. Victor was going to do that anyway - he needs to talk to Jeff and pass some information of his own.

Work was crazy when I got in, steady for most of the rest of the night. It's the beginning of the month, which means we're dealing with all kinds of fun people. Thankfully, other than a WIC Check bobble at the end of the night, everything went fine. By 8 PM, it was quiet enough for me to leave with no relief and no need for one.

No comments: