Saturday, November 07, 2015

Fall Harvest In the Rain

I awoke to another cloudy, humid morning. Started off with breakfast and an episode of Sailor Moon from the new first season dub. Usagi and Rei hit a rough patch in their friendship when they both compete in a ski competition for the title of Miss Moon Princess. Things really get rocky when it turns out to be a Negaverse plot.

Didn't get out to the Collingswood Farm Market until past 11. Of course, the moment I head out, it starts showering. It continued showering off and on the entire time I was out. After a quick stop at WaWa for money, I headed across the street. The Farm Market's on its last three weeks. There's no more craft booths than there are food booths. There were enough food booths left for me to pick up Brussels sprouts, small apples, broccoli, and mushrooms. (I wanted cranberries, but everyone was out. I bought them at the Acme later.)

When I got home, I put everything away. I had leftovers for lunch, then made Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies while watching The LEGO Movie. The fate of several worlds is in the yellow curved hands of Emmett (voice of Chris Pratt), a typical LEGO piece construction worker. When he gets the "piece of resistance" stuck to his back, the rest of the LEGOs are convinced he's "the Special," the one who will save their world from the secret weapon of the evil Lord Business. Who knew a bunch of building blocks could make such an imaginative movie? Hilarious and thoughtful take on creativity, individuality, and teamwork.

Did one more first season episode of Sailor Moon as I got ready for work. Makoto is skating on thin ice when a handsome gold-medal-winning figure skater shows interest in her during a group coaching session. But his partner is jealous...and they both may be part of another attempt by the Negaverse to capture the Sailor Guardians.

Work was busy for most of the night, steady when I left. That turkey coupon is just driving me crazy. I wish people would handle it better when they forget it or are told we don't have any. It comes in the mail and can be found online. That's the only way to get it. Next year, they really have to drop the coupon. It's far too much trouble. Other than that, I was in and out. I was able to buy my cranberries and leave with a minimum of fuss.

(And figures. The rain was slowing down even as I got home. To my knowledge, it hasn't rained since. It's just been windy, cloudy, and cool.)

No comments: