Thursday, August 24, 2017

The Sun and the Moon In Love

It was absolutely gorgeous when I headed to work this morning, sunny and windy. Didn't spend a lot of time outside, though. I gathered carts for about 20 minutes when I arrived and 20 minutes before break, the latter helping the afternoon bagger. I mostly did returns and cleaned registers until it started getting busier around noon. Unfortunately, this is also when a cashier went home early because she was sick. (Or so she claimed. I think she just didn't want to hang around and do nothing on a quiet morning.) I got stuck in the register for most of my remaining hour.

As soon as I got home, I changed into regular clothes, grabbed my library books, and headed back out. First stop was Phillies Phatties around the corner. It was too nice to sit outside, I took my slice of cheese and slice of mushroom pizza and can of Cherry Vanilla Pepsi out to the wooden benches and watched the people go by.

I'm glad I opted to do the Haddon Township Library today instead of waiting for my day off on Saturday. It was too lovely to hang out inside all day. Enjoyed the weather at a busy Newton Lake Park. There were lots of people walking their dogs or their kids, fishing, and going for jogs. The river is remarkably clear for this time of year, a sparkling green flowing bottle that reflects the emerald trees that bow over its ripples.

The Haddon Township Library was also busy, surprising on such a lovely day. Shelved audio books, CDs, and new releases and pulled TV sets from the shelves with the regular adult titles. I did take some movies out this week. Still haven't seen Trolls; I have a mixed track record with Dreamworks Animation, but this at least looks cute. Began The Matrix Trilogy with the original film and ended the Jurassic Park series with Jurassic World. They just got the most recent Hannah Swenson book Banana Cream Pie Murder in, along with the cast album for the currently-running Broadway musical Bandstand.

Made a quick stop at WaWa on the way home. I was so thirsty. I needed something cool and sweet. They make the best banana smoothies, mainly because they use real bananas. I opted for the Banana Foster Smoothie (banana caramel) and slurped it on the way home.

Worked on writing for the next few hours. Hank and his crew finally arrive at Bespin Island, party capital of the Jersey Shore. They're greeted by Lance Callahan, an old friend of Hank's who is now living the high life. He wears well-tailored preppy clothes and drives an expensive Lincoln Continental. Chip is impressed. Leia is not...though she does soften a little when Lance offers to buy them new clothes and take them out to dinner. She still suspects something is wrong.

Moved onto more fourth season Moonlighting episodes while making Chicken Therese (chicken breasts in a sauce made from mushrooms, onions, cream of chicken soup, and white cooking wine), sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, and corn on the cob for dinner. Maddie's dad is the last major character to find out about her pregnancy in "Father Knows Last." While Burt and Agnes deal with the staff and the loss of the Agency's furniture, Mr. Hayes tries to convince David to take more responsibility for Maddie's unborn child.

Returned to Moonlighting after a shower. Figured I might as well finish out the disc. Agnes' mother (Imogene Coca) visits her daughter after a trip to Mexico, but things get complicated when it turns out she has something a pair of jewel smugglers are after in "Los Dos DiPestos."

It's a "Fetal Attraction" when Dave decides he needs a Lamaze partner to practice with while Maddie is still out of town. He asks a charming single mom-to-be to help him...and ends up falling for her. Meanwhile, Maddie's on her way home to figure out where she stands with David.

(And...yeah, now I remember why I put off watching this. Moonlighting's fourth season is where this show began to go seriously south. It wasn't really for the reason people usually think - they slept together - but due to a writer's strike, Cybil Shepard's real-life pregnancy, and Bruce Willis filming Die Hard and dealing with injuries. None of these episodes were really all that exciting, though Imogene Coca's presence did give a comic lift to "Los Dos DiPestos.")

No comments: