Saturday, September 12, 2020

Return of the Sunshine

I was so grateful to see bright sunshine after the rain the last few days! Celebrated with breakfast and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Daniel celebrates the time we spend with grandparents in "Daniel's Grr-riffic Grandpere." He loves visiting his sailor grandfather, who gives him a wooden boat that once belonged to his father and shows him all the fun things that can be found at low tide. "Making Mozies with Nana" brings Daniel over to visit his friend Jodie and her Nana. They teach him how to make "mozies," banana oatmeal cookies. (I may have to try that after Mrs. Tiger's Banana Whirl came out so well!)

Switched to Split Second while getting ready for work. One of the ladies and the one gentleman were just barely back and forth the whole time. The gentleman ended up killing in the second round...but the lady came back and won the Countdown Round. She was about to choose the boards for the car when I headed out.

Work was on-and-off steady the entire day. First of all, it was too nice for most people to want to do anything besides buy barbecue fixings. It was sunny, breezy, warm but not too hot, and not terribly humid. Second, many people may be holding off until right before the Eagles play Washington tomorrow. There were no problems whatsoever, and I was in and out.

My phone went off just as I crossed Hillcrest to my side of the street. Rose called, but Jodie called at the same time. She got back to me after I'd changed and was just beginning to write. Our first checks came today; Jodie gave me mine as I put my bike in the garage. We need to figure out where to put the account, since we have ours in different banks.

Got a little bit of writing in after I got off with her. Gene rescues Charles from Sir Tom Kennedy before he can take a swing at him. Three of his fellow wizards are demons under Malade's control. She orders the remaining two (Jack Narz and Peter Marshall) to bring her Della and Fannie's magic...but those ladies aren't going down without a fight!

Switched to more Charlie's Angles while eating the other half of that pizza cheese steak from last night and a salad for dinner. "Pom Pom Angels" from the third season gets the girls off the football field and onto the sidelines. When members of the Bulldogs' new squad disappear along with their coach, Sabrina takes over coaching new cheerleaders Kelly and Kris. The girls first suspect the squad owner's smarmy son of sending threatening letters with religious overtones, but then Charlie discovers that the squad's publicist had a past that included a mental breakdown and writing a religious column...

Finished off the evening after a shower online with Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night. I go further into this bizarre sequel to the Disney Pinocchio from TV studio Filmation at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Animation Celebration Saturday - Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night

No comments: