Tuesday, June 13, 2023

The Doctor's In

Started off a quick morning with breakfast and Charlie & Lola. Lola refuses to see the eye doctor, until her friend Minnie turns up at school with unique polka-dot glasses. She loves them so much, she insists "I Really Absolutely Must Have Glasses" to anyone who will listen. When it turns out that her eyes are fine, Charlie helps her find a way to still have her own cool eye wear.

Dashed off to Collingswood Family Medicine quick as I possibly could. Even with the rushing, I still got there ten minutes late. Had to stand in a long line, too, while the gentleman in front of me gave his information to the secretaries. At least it only took a few minutes for the nurse to call my name after I signed in.

Basically went the same as my last check-up in late March. I'm still feeling depressed and stressed, and I still don't want to use chemicals to deal with it. I have got to find ways to deal with the stress better and get out of the Acme. At least I discovered I've lost over 20 pounds in the last year and got a tetanus shot and blood work done. She also reminded me that, in addition to finally seeing the gynecologist again, I'm now old enough to need a mammogram.

Hurried home after that, enjoying the sunny, breezy, cool weather. Watched Match Game '77 while eating lunch. Richard has no trouble with "Secretary of __" in the Head-to-Head. Gene has more trouble with a female contestant late in the episode who isn't as crazy about him drooling over her.

Headed to work as the second episode began. Work was busy from the second I got in until the minute I left. It's Senior Discount Day and the week before not one, but two major holidays, plus there's a lot of high school graduations and birthday parties this week. Some of the older people were grouchy or didn't appreciate the long lines and lack of help. Other than that, there were no major problems. It slowed down enough by 7 for me to shut down without  relief.

Went right into dinner and Match Game Syndicated when I got home. This is the second episode of the week where busty teenage Charlene Tilton sat next to Bob Barker, who spent most of the time ogling her. He did manage to tear his eyes from her long enough to show off his "Bob Barker's Fun & Games Show" jacket. Meanwhile, Betty's answer to "You're In __" on the Audience Match ends with her in the contestant's arms, and Charles plays director to show how well the set changes flow.

Moved to Tubi for Were the World Mine in honor of Pride Month. I go further into this indie musical about a gay teen who is inspired by his school putting on A Midsummer Night's Dream to use a little magic of his own at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

Were the World Mine

Finished the night at YouTube honoring the birthday of another gay icon. Comedian Paul Lynde remains associated with Hollywood Squares to this day. He was the witty center square from the early 70's straight through until the show's demise in 1981. Amanda Blake didn't play nearly as well in this nighttime episode from 1972; Wally Cox and Hugh O'Brian did much better. The contestant got a bit of a surprise by coming up with two Secret Squares in one episode, though she didn't do as well with the second.

No comments: