Thursday, June 08, 2017

Battlefield Star Wars

Kicked off an early day with work. I arrived to a quiet store. Gathered carts for a half-hour or so, then spent most of the rest of the morning doing returns. I got stuck in the register twice, including ten minutes before I had to leave. We were once again low on help, which became a problem when we finally did start getting busier around 11:30-noon and there was no one coming in. I was almost late getting out.

Cheered myself up by taking the long way home down Nicholson Road. The sun had been in and out all day. Though it was a bit windy, it was still warmer than yesterday. Nicholson Road was a little busy, but once I got into Oaklyn, I was fine. Waved to two toddlers and their mother playing in their yard on the other end of Manor Avenue.

Changed and had a quick lunch when I got home. Ran an episode of Max & Ruby while I ate. With berries in season, I thought it was the right time for "Ruby's Berry Patch." Ruby wants to go berry picking and gather enough fruit for Grandma's big surprise. Max would rather eat his right away. "Ruby's Scout Banner" will be gorgeous...if Max can get his toys out of the way. When Ruby's stuffed duck Mrs Quack goes missing, "Ruby's Detective Agency" is on the case! But while his sister is busy tracking down clues, Max may already have an idea of who the culprit is.

Oh, and I did get the application for food stamps today, much earlier than I thought I would. I'll mostly just need to copy things, but I will need to figure out how to get my pay stubs when I do direct deposit.

Did writing for the rest of the afternoon. To Leia's horror, Henry has been encased in khyber crystal, with just enough left open for him to breathe. He's chained to a pedestal, arranged to look like a statute, and is pretty obviously drugged to the gills. Jenkins wants to keep him as a "decoration" to show others what happens when people don't pay him.

The grotesquely obese gangster is also interested in Leia. He actually gets her in his lap at one point, but she kicks him in a sensitive spot and escapes. She finally agrees to dinner with him in the hope of finding a way to free Henry.

Broke for dinner at quarter of 6. Ran an episode of Wonder Woman while I ate. "Diana's Disappearing Act" throws the female spy into the world of magicians and magical acts. Someone is trying to turn lead into gold and sell it to several oil-manufacturing countries, which will drive up the prices of oil even further and make them rich. When the scientist who was inspecting a gold pendant found at a crime scene vanishes, Diana knows she's on the right track. But if she's not careful, she'll be the one who disappears...

Finished the night with Lego Star Wars. "Storm Over Ryloth" was another "fly and fight" round. This was a bit more complicated than the previous fly and fight round, owing to there being more up and down between ship levels. It took me a while to figure out, but I did get through it. "Defenders of the Peace" was much easier, one of the rounds that has you building cannons and creating clone bunkers in order to shoot down enemy weapons. Didn't take me long once I figured out how to get to the battlefield.

Next time - back to Grievous to train a couple of "Rookies."

No comments: