Sunday, June 11, 2017

Hot Day In June

I slept in way longer than I planned this morning. Good thing I wasn't working until 2. I made Chocolate Chip Pancakes while listening to my Vocalion Song of Our Times records. I picked these up from a yard sale about two years ago or so. They're recordings of songs made between 1916 and 1944 made to sound like they would have in the era they were written. I listened to 1917 and 1922 this morning.

Managed to squeeze in an hour of writing before work. Leia has agreed to eat dinner with Jenkins Huttman, who has been groping her all evening. Charles and Cedric don't like her being anywhere near him, but she has a plan...

Had late afternoon work today. It was on-and-off steady when I arrived, and would remain so for most of the afternoon. I did do some bagging and worked on returns when I came in, but I was mostly outside, gathering carts. Literally sweated off a lot of my muffin-and-banana lunch. It was sunny and a bit hot for this time of year, in the lower 90's. There was a nice breeze, but it wasn't as strong as yesterday's. Thankfully, there was also no humidity, which helped a bit.

When I got home, I resumed listening to records while making scrambled eggs with tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheese. After I ate, I did another mission for Lego Star Wars: Clone Wars. We returned to Ventress to rescue "Innocents of Ryloth" who had been captured by Ventress and the Separatist army. Obi-Wan lead an army of clones through a village that reminded me a lot of the Mos Eisley round in The Complete Saga, up to and including the use of an AT-type walker to blast through a barrier. A new wrinkle was having to round up a pack of lizard-like creatures and get them into their pens in order to continue, then destroy three silver-plated guns and a silver-covered tank in order to rescue the aforementioned innocents. This was actually a fairly simple round, with a lot of bead-gathering opportunities.

Next up, it'll be back to Geonosis to deal with Count Dooku and his army again.

No comments: