Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Back to Work Again

Started off a hot and killer humid morning with my first of three early and long work-days in a row. It wasn't really much of a problem. The only trouble I had was I was the only bagger for most of the day. The late morning bagger ended up spending her entire shift in a register. I was on my own until a college kid came in at 2. I spent a lot of the middle of the day trying to do six things at once for everyone up front. Otherwise, I mainly alternated between doing baskets, carts, and shelving loose items. (I also gathered indoor trash when that started to get bad later in the afternoon.)

As soon as I got home, I changed and went on the computer to work on my story. Leia dances in with the chorus girls. Yasmin has Luke in a white tunic and Harry in a collar, chain, and loincloth as her "slave." She announces that Leia and Luke are to be the virgins who are sacrificed as the bride and groom of the gods...but Luke has a plan of his own to show what the "gods" really want...

Broke for dinner at 6:30. I turned leftover chicken pepper stir fry into chicken and sauteed summer vegetables with the addition of a potato and garden tomatoes, with a plum for dessert. Ran Grease while I ate and Grease 2 when I got online in honor of most local schools starting again this week. I review both as a "double feature" at my Musical Dreams Reviews blog.

Back to School Again Double Feature - Grease and Grease 2

No comments: