Thursday, September 12, 2019

On the Way to Vacation

Kicked off a hazy morning with breakfast and Sailor Moon. "Holiday In Juuban City: A Carefree Princess" is a riff on the classic movie Roman Holiday. Usagi and Chibi-Usa encounter a lovely young lady at a festival who turns out to be a runaway princess enjoying a day without her entourage. The girls are more than happy to introduce her to the delights of Tokyo, but Mamoru knows she's not wise to the ways of the world...and is vulnerable to attack by Hawk's Eye of the Amazon Trio.

Headed to work as soon as the cartoon ended. Work was even quieter than it was yesterday. I spent most of the day outside, doing carts. It was hot and humid, but there was a breeze that felt really nice. I also gathered the outdoor trash and recycling, shelved loose items, and swept the store for the head bagger when she ended up in a register.

Grabbed a few things on the way out, mainly snacks for the train tomorrow. Found a lunch bag for two dollars in a cart to carry all that food. Picked up more ice cream, too.

Went straight home after that. Ran more Sailor Moon as I ate yogurt and pineapple for lunch, this time from the first season. "Usagi Vs. Rei: Nightmare In Dreamland" takes the Guardians to a lethal theme park that people are supposedly disappearing from. The two bicker constantly. Rei wants to focus fully on their mission, but Usagi would rather enjoy the rides. They have to work together when the robotic "princess" and her candy castle are a lot more sinister than they seem.

Usagi is on vacation with her parents and brother Shingo in "The Legendary Lake Yokai: The Bond of Usagi's Family." They're taking an overnight trip to a hot springs that Mr. and Mrs. Tuskino had gone to on their honeymoon. While goofing off in the springs with Shingo, Usagi catches sight of Mamoru on the shore. He's there to unleash a creature of legend that has great power....but he loses control of the creature and it ends up going after Usagi and her family.

Headed off to the laundromat as soon as Sailor Moon ended. I had a huge load to get done, including the summer sheets and my work clothes. Fortunately, they were quiet when I arrived, and I only saw one or two other people the whole time. I worked on story notes and half-listened to Ellen on the TV.

When I got home, I put some things away - including my work clothes and the sheets - and packed others. I was able to get everything together but the things I'll need tonight and tomorrow, like my cell phone and laptop. I'll do another once-over after I pack the laptop tomorrow.

Went into writing after I finished. Gene is tied to a microphone with electricity coursing through him. Bill and Brett try to figure out how to turn it off...but it's Joyce who finally pulls the plug. Gene is understandably angry and shaken, but is otherwise luckily fine. He leads them through a door out of the studio that returns them to the hall. Ira gives them the clue to the location of the last missing regular - Richard Dawson - before vanishing again.

Broke for dinner at quarter of 7. Had leftovers while watching Garfield In Hollywood. Jon enters Garfield and Odie in a televised pet talent contest. They win, and all three get stars in their eyes when they find themselves at the national championships in Hollywood. Garfield thinks this is his ticket to stardom, but Jon worries that winning may mean leaving him behind.

Tried Lego Star Wars one last time after dinner. Still no luck with that Return of the Jedi Super Story! This time, I got more than half-way through "Into the Death Star." We'll see if I pick up any games on vacation. If I do, I've had a good run with this game. 99.6 is not a bad place to end.

Finished the night with Charlotte's Web. I go into more detail on this lovely animated version of the beloved children's book at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Charlotte's Web (1973)

No comments: