Monday, September 02, 2019

Rainy Labor Day

Began a cloudy Labor Day with work. Work wasn't bad when I got in, but it picked up after lunch when the clouds got thicker. Every time I tried to get carts done, they'd throw me in the register. Thankfully, another bagger had arrived by that point to help out. The on-and-off showers at this point didn't help, either. I'd no sooner gather carts than it would start raining, sometimes heavily (but never for very long).

The main reason I went to work was actually to buy cold supplies. The Acme was having a buy 2, get 2 free sale on a lot of their generic medical products. I stocked up on cough drops; also grabbed Tylenol cold medicine and more of that Acme nut milk ice cream. While my fever's gone, my head is still achy, and my throat remains sore.

Thankfully, it wasn't raining when I went home and put everything away. The clouds had begun to build up again as I started to work on a new story idea. Yes...I've enjoyed Match Game so much, I've started fanfiction for it. Brett has a nightmare where a scuzzy producer spirits away Charles, Richard, and Gene. She has to rescue her fellow regulars from a sadistic game that's a lot scarier than fill-in-the-blank with the help of several of the semi-regulars.

I don't know if I'll go into a lot of detail on this one as I'm writing it, since it falls into the "mature" category. Currently, the only place I've found 70's Match Game fanfiction is on Wattpad, and I'm not a big fan of them. This and any other Match Game fanfics I write will be exclusive to my Writer's Desk at the Riverside blog.

It continued raining off and on the rest of the day, sometimes wrecking havoc with the Internet. A big thunderstorm rolled through around 5:30, though like most of the rain we've had today, it didn't last long. It was gone long before I broke for dinner at 6:30.

Had a quick leftovers meal while watching a Three Stooges short about working and school. "Violent Is the Word for Curly" when they're three gas station owners who end up at a girls' school after they destroy three professors' car. They teach the girls about "Swinging the Alphabet" and try to show them how to play football.

Went on to Lego Star Wars after dinner. Once again, I got barely got to "Into the Death Star" but couldn't finish. I'll keep trying until I go on vacation.

Finished the night with How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying. I go into more detail about this office satire at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying

No comments: