Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Harts on a Spring Day

Was very happy to see the return of the sun this morning. No problems taking my bike to or from work. In fact, it was so nice, I took the long way home. Warm but not humid, sunny, breezy, with a bright blue sky overhead. Just about as perfect of a day in mid-May as one could wish.

Which is probably why we were dead for most of the morning. It did pick up a little around 1, but even that could have been worse on our Senior Discount Day. I volunteered to refill the spray cleaning bottles in the back, just to have something to do in the morning. Needless to say, I was in and out with absolutely no trouble whatsoever. 

Went straight upstairs and changed when I got home. Had a snack and rested while watching Golden Dawn. I go further into this truly peculiar early talkie operetta, one of the worst movie musicals ever made, at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Went down for a nap after the movie, then did some writing. Brett finally hauls her rear onto the plateau, to find Charles about to become food for a huge bird-monster in a nest. Brett has to find a way to distract it, and quickly, before Charles is fed to its hungry babies...

Grabbed dinner downstairs and threw my laundry in the wash, then came back up for Match Game '74. Michele Lee, Robert Morse's co-star in the film version of How to Succeed Without Really Trying, turned up on Charles' last week before he went to Broadway to direct a hit play. Poor Brett seemed especially upset that he'd be leaving, acting out even for her.

Match Game PM featured a very pregnant contestant who seemed to make Gene a little nervous and a nice old man who didn't seem to grasp the game very well. Betty White didn't seem overly happy about a question claiming her husband Allen Ludden is as funny as a case of blank. Richard had even more luck with "Nursery __" in the Head-to-Head.

Finished up the night with Hart to Hart on The Roku Channel after a shower and putting the laundry in the dryer. A case comes "Too Close to Hart" when a maid friend of Max's mentions the people supposedly sent by her employers to watch their home while they're on safari. Worried about a rash of art being stolen and replaced with forgeries in their area, the Harts invite the couple over for a party...and to find out what they're really up to at the house. 

Oh, and I finally checked the patient portal at Collingswood Family Practice. My bloodwork came in, and I have...absolutely nothing wrong with me, besides my weight and the stress and anxiety I've been under for the past few years. No prediabetes, no heart trouble, blood pressure close to normal, nothing out of the ordinary. I have the feeling my being tired is more due to stress, anxiety, and poor eating and sleeping habits than anything else. 

No comments: