Saturday, May 07, 2022

Rainy Daze

Awoke to pouring rain...which wouldn't have concerned me as much if they didn't come with blustery 40-mile-an-hour winds. Though the rain slowed down slightly as I ate breakfast, it still wasn't a day for riding bikes. I called Uber; got them in less than ten minutes, not bad for a rainy morning.

Work was, once again, a mess almost the entire afternoon. While no one screamed at me this time, a lot of people are really annoyed about having to buy bags constantly when they forget them. I just wish they'd either be better about bringing them, or do what other folks do and take them outside to bag them. I'm just tired of the grumbling about something we really can't do much about...and maybe should have been doing much sooner. I've been bringing my own bags to the store for years, mainly because it's hard to carry paper and plastic bags on bikes. Didn't help that we had long lines, despite actually having help for most of the day.

Picked up a few things after work. The big one was a 12-pack of Propel. They actually had a pack with a three-flavor variety. Found more salt-free cashews on the clearance shelves in the back...and forgot what I really wanted, which was salads for later in the week.

Despite the rain having taken a temporary leave of absence by quarter of 5, I still had a hard time finding an Uber home. It took over 20 minutes for one to arrive. He was prompt when he did come, though, and even managed to find a quick away around the White Horse Pike being closed off due to an accident.

Went straight upstairs when I got home. Watched Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood while changing and getting organized. "Daniel Likes to Be With Dad" when he takes him shell-hunting on the beach and to the Enchanted Garden. Dan Sr. is disappointed when his surprise at the Clock Factory doesn't work the way he wants it to, but his son assures him that he's just happy to be with him. "Daniel Likes to Be With Mom" when they fix her old wagon together.

Took an early shower, then came back upstairs and had leftovers for dinner while watching an early Good Eats episode. He wonders "For Whom the Cheese Melts" when he visits a good cheese shop and sees how gouda is made. This leads into the perfect pot of fondue and a quick method of making grilled cheese sandwiches. 

Finished the night online with My Blue Heaven at Amazon Prime. I go further into the story of a dance team who are desperate to adopt a child at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 


Incidentally, it's continued to rain and blow, sometimes heavily, off and on for the rest of the night. 

No comments: