Thursday, June 26, 2008

Here, There, Everywhere

I did a LOT of running around today. Unfortunately, I discovered you have to send in a form to get the vision insurance claim benefits. Rose and I did go to the Lens Crafters at the Cherry Hill Mall today, but we decided to wait until I'd sent in the claim, so no, I didn't get my glasses replaced. I have an old pair with my older prescription. I can see well enough to get by, although these are slightly weaker and it's not as easy to see far-away print now. Oh well. That's what I get for not going to an eye doctor for seven years. We'll go back or to somewhere similar after I get my claim.

Rose and I did some other shopping. She's trying to get her clothes together for her trip to Costa Rica next month, and I wanted a dress or a nice spring skirt. I did get a skirt at the Gap. It's a knee-length, ruffled skirt that swirls when it twirls. I've always had a weakness for dresses that twirl. It's a little frou-frou, but it's cute and it does look nice on me. Not only was it on sale for $12.99, but it was a Large. I haven't worn a Large since high school! Between the price and the size, that skirt made me very happy.

I had lunch after Rose dropped me off, then went to Collingswood to say "hi" to Erica at the thrift shop, drop off a few donations, and head over to Genesis for counseling. Scott and I mainly talked about trying to control my fits of frustration around other people. It IS hard. The first thing that comes to mind when I do something dumb is that I shouldn't have done it and it was stupid. I know it's harsh, but...I shouldn't have done it. I also know I'll never get a real job if I can't calm down and not get upset at work.

After counseling, I threw caution (and the hot, muggy weather) to the wind and decided that a few hours in Philadelphia was better than none. I was able to go to my favorite FYE and Borders on Broad Street and up to the Gallery Mall. It's not what I had planned, but it's what I was able to do with the time I had, and I did get something I wanted - the newly released Sword In the Stone: 45th Anniversary Edition DVD that the local FYE didn't have.

I didn't get home until around quarter after six, and it was around 6:30 when I finally got to doing my laundry. Uncle Ken was chatting with his neighbors and listening to a Phillies game on the radio. (He switched to WOGL after the game ended.) I read The Elusive Pimpernel, ate Uncle Ken's ham and bean soup, and went for a relaxing swim with some of the neighborhood kids and their parents.

No comments: