Monday, June 02, 2008

She Works Hard For the Money

And that's pretty much all I did today. I was asked to come in and work 10:30AM to 7PM today instead of 2:30PM to 7PM. One of the older cashiers who works in the morning was having a tree taken down in his yard, and he needed to be at home to make sure it was done properly. That was fine with me. I didn't have a lot of hours this week to begin with, and all I had planned for today, tomorrow, and Wednesday other than work was my usual monthly house cleaning.

Work was on-and-off busy, not surprising for the beginning of the month. There were a few annoying customers. One woman fussed over the grapes she bought. She asked if she could take out some after I'd already rung them up, then tried to just throw the money at me and leave when I had a hard time taking the grapes off. I finally did get her to stay and pay properly, but only after I took the grapes off as a coupon, which we're really not supposed to do.

No comments: