Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baking for A Birthday

First of all, I would like all my readers (especially one) to recall that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. Any flames or nasty comments on this blog WILL be rejected, so don't bother sending them. I don't appreciate name-calling or trolls. I've been picked on all my life; I won't tolerate it online, too.

Otherwise, this was an ok day. I slept in and spent most of it baking. Tomorrow is Dad's birthday, but he's going on another cruise-ship job tomorrow morning and won't really be here. I baked Honey Squares. The recipe comes from the British baking book I bought at the thrift shop several years ago. It's a sticky bar cookie-cake, very tasty, low-fat, and quick to make. I gave half of them to Dad and will give the other half to the family in Cape May County to thank them for having me next week.

Work was almost exactly the same as yesterday - on-and-off steady during rush hour, otherwise dead. I was able to shut down and leave, even though my relief was late.

I tried running to the Oaklyn Library to return the late DVDs from there, but they were closed. I dropped the DVDs in the book return and will give them the money tomorrow.

No comments: