Monday, July 26, 2010

Perfect Weather, Beautiful Day

The gorgeous weather that rolled in after the storm yesterday afternoon continued today. I awoke to sunshine, 85 degree temperatures, and no humidity whatsoever. I slept in and was having a pleasant Cheerios and blueberries breakfast when there was a thump outside. I turned around to see a man drop a package on my porch (he didn't look too happy about it - I guess he didn't like hiking up to my apartment) and immediately pulled it in.

After I finally unwound the (copious) tape around it, I pulled out a box with the outfit I ordered for my Samantha doll off eBay, the Play Dress and Pinafore. I absolutely love it. So many of Sam's dresses are too ruffly and frou-frou for an ordinary energetic kid (even a rich one), but this one is just right. It's a blue windowpane check dress with a white ruffled pinafore and matching wide hair ribbon. (If you've read the books, Sam wears it in the very first chapter of her Meet story.) She's wearing it now with Springfield Collection socks and patent-leather shoes, and she looks SOOO cute! I seriously wish I'd gotten her this dress back in the mid-90s. In fact, this is the one outfit of hers that I've always regretted not getting, especially since it was retired before the rest of her collection. I'm really glad to have it.

It turned out to be a great start to a day that worked out very well. Laundry took less than an hour. It was far less busy than last week, just one woman with one load and a mom and her son with another load. It was so nice, when I came in, I dropped the bag of laundry in my bedroom and went for a quick 20-minute walk down to Goff Avenue to enjoy the beautiful weather. I wasn't the only one. There were a lot of people out riding bikes and working on their rejuvenated lawns today. I had a nice taco and peach lunch when I got home.

Work wasn't a problem, either. It was steady when I got in, dead when I left. I actually got a $5 gift coupon for improving my items-per-customer rate. I used it to treat myself to merangue cookies (the least fattening cookies I could get away with treating myself to) and pick up the Wesson Canola Oil that was on sale for $1.99 with coupon.

No comments: