Sunday, July 18, 2010

Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do Today

Though it remains hot and humid, I decided to take advantage of my early work shift and return a few more things I couldn't use. I had Blueberry Whole Grain Pancakes with honey for breakfast while listening to the first hour of the Brunch With the Beatles show on WOGL. (The movie A Hard Day's Night was in the spotlight this morning.)

I wasn't able to finish the show due to work being at 11:30. Work zipped right along today. It was busier than it has been on the weekends, and much busier than last weekend. There were no major problems, and my relief was right on the dot. I headed out as soon as he arrived.

I made a very quick stop at Fashion Bug to look at purses (the lining in my current one ripped), then rode over to Wal Mart to return the two bike inner tubes that were the wrong size. (As it turns out, Wal Mart no longer sells the right size.) I still had the receipt for the one I bought last week, but I searched all over my apartment this morning and could not find the one for the other one I bought last month. Thankfully, I was able to return it with ID. The returns went without a hitch. I looked at toys for my nephew Skylar for a little while, but I eventually just bought contact solution.

Spent the rest of the evening at home. After I got in and changed, I swept the porch. It was still hot and humid, but there was a wonderful wind blowing across the yard. When the porch was clean, I made an early dinner of pepper steak, tomatoes and cucumbers with low-fat Italian dressing, and brown rice, then treated myself to a small bowl of Banana Fudge Hand-Dipped Ice Cream from Leo's Yum-Yums around the corner.

I had a few problems getting onto The Dress Circle tonight. There must still be storms in the area, because my Internet has been going down and going slow all evening. It seems to be running fine now, but I didn't get to hear much of The Shows of July and August.

(Note the two months together. The summer is traditionally a slow time in the theater, dating back to when theaters didn't have air conditioning. This has changed somewhat with the advent of cooling systems, but most shows still opt to open in the spring or fall. Hits that braved the hotter weather include Hairspray and the original casts of 1776 and La Cage Aux Follies.)

No comments: