Monday, January 13, 2014

Spring Into Winter

Started a sunny, windy day with episodes of Hello Kitty Furry Tale Theater and a late breakfast. (After four phone calls almost in a row. I still don't know what Dad-Bill's call was about - that may have been an accident - and Rose invited me to yoga.) Tuxedo Sam, the noble blue penguin in the jaunty sailor cap, is the main character in "Robin Penguin" (a riff on Robin Hood, with Hello Kitty as Maid Marian and diva Catnip as a female Prince John) and "Pinocchio Penguin" (Grandpa Kitty is Gepetto, Hello Kitty is the Blue Fairy, Catnip is Stromboli). My favorite was the creative "Little Red Bunny Hood." Sweet My Melody is the title character in this western version of Little Red Riding Hood. Here, Grandma is being held captive by Belle Catnip and her gang, while the wolf (Grinder the bulldog) only cares about getting Bunny Hood's lunch basket. He and My Melody end up helping Marshall Sam and Deputy Chip capture the notorious bandit kitty!

Though I only had a small load of laundry, I figured I might as well get what was there washed anyway. It was a really nice day for a walk. As Fox News pointed out on the laundromat's TV, it felt more like a spring day than a winter one! It was windy and cool, but not really cold, and absolutely nothing like last Tuesday. I wasn't surprised that the place was pretty busy, given the nice day. Unlike last week, it's supposed to rain and/or snow a little tomorrow and Wednesday, then just go back to being in the 30s and 40s, where it usually is at this time of year.

When I got home, I put everything away, then quickly ate leftovers for lunch while listening to the soundtrack from the otherwise very strange musical Xanadu. I threw on my uniform and made dinner, then headed to work.

Thankfully, work was neither as busy nor as annoying as it has been the past few weeks. A combination of better weather, the last of the beginning-of-the-month people, and the first paychecks of the year seem to have brightened people's moods. It was steady through about 5, by which time it had calmed down enough that I could leave with no relief and no need for one.

No comments: