Friday, November 25, 2016

There and Back Again

I awoke to yelling downstairs, probably Rose and Dad arguing over politics. I read Shadows of the Empire and wrote in my journal until Dad went to work. When I did make it down, Mom had a spread on the table nearly as large as last night's dessert buffet. Along with my pumpkin and cranberry bread, we had a bowl of fruit and the cheesecake, pies, and pumpkin cake from last night. I finally got to try Rose's wonderfully sweet French Apple Pie and the deliciously moist pumpkin cake. (Dad did come home later, thankfully in a better - and quieter - mood.)

Anny and her crew didn't arrive until around 9:30. After the kids ate, Collyn and Khai wanted one more session with the scooters and bikes outside. Khai was having so much fun, he really didn't want to leave. He kept trying to drag more bikes and scooters out, which I said "no" to. I didn't want a mess on the front lawn like the one the kids left last night.

We didn't roll out of Erma until past 11. The roads were mostly clear, even around the malls, and we had no problems with traffic. We did stop at a WaWa about mid-way through to pick up snacks. Khai wanted chicken strips. Rose bought a wrap. The rest of us settled for soda and soft pretzels.

It was 12:30 before I finally made it home. I spent an hour getting organized and checking out the gift Mom gave everyone. She found tins of Whitman's Chocolates with tops designed to look like the folk-art calendars she loved in the 90's and early 2000's. I sampled two before finally settling down to catch up online and post the blog entry I wasn't able to get up last night.

I was originally going to go to the Haddon Township Library today. By the time I finished my blog, it was 3:30. Not only was I still worn out from chasing the kids around yesterday, but I was hungry, and the weather wasn't looking pleasant. It was cloudy and damp again, like it was yesterday morning. I settled for a walk down to Common Grounds Coffee House for a slice of broccoli and cheddar quiche and a cup of hot green tea. Watched a mother and her daughter admire the decorations in Common Grounds' window and chat about the passers-by as I ate.

When I came home, I went right back on my laptop to work on my story. Rey finds a sword in Maz's basement. It allows her to see what looks like her uncle fighting a huge mouse...and then fighting a much younger fairy who nearly kills him. She's so frightened that she finally runs off.

After I got off, I heated up leftover tuna and peas for dinner while playing Lego Star Wars. When I got stuck on the Attack of the Clones super story, I decided to try something different. Every area has two bonus levels along with the Super Stories. I tried the ones for Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. The "character" levels has you earning a million studs by having the characters attack enemies and break objects. The minikit levels is the flying variant, using the vehicles your pieces from the individual levels built. I was able to earn the studs, but not in the allotted five minutes needed to get the gold bricks. The only one I did in well under five minutes was the Tatoonie level on Phantom Menace. I got a lot of "Power Ups" (blue balls that allows you invincibility and to attract studs) in that round.

No comments: