Sunday, October 08, 2017

Battle of the Birds

Slept in a bit this morning and didn't get to my Coconut Pancakes until around 10:30. Listened to my Tony Orlando and Dawn greatest hits LP while I ate. Yeah, I know it's cheesy, but I felt like I needed cheese this morning. Some of the songs are pretty catchy - "Candida" is my favorite, but there's also "Steppin' Out (Gonna Boogie Tonight)," "Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree" (which apparently a lot of people actually did in support of troops returning home from Vietnam), and "Summer Sand."

Did a little bit of writing after breakfast. Vader's mostly been working on the surfing contest since the others headed off to Atlantic City. Now that they're back, he's starting to have second thoughts about the whole thing. He wanted to train Leia and Luke to be part of the gang, but Palpatine insists he'll teach them. At this point, Vader's starting to realize how badly he was taken in by the corrupt CEO's lies unfulfilled promises.

Broke at quarter after noon to get ready for work. I was a little iffy about taking the bike to work, as it had showered on and off all morning. It was still showering lightly when I got in. I did help with the carts for about a half-hour, and another twenty minutes or so later in the afternoon...but between the weather and the Eagles-Cardinals game, they were clearing out even as I arrived. I spent almost the entire second half of my shift doing returns. Also did the outside trash and gathered baskets.

I have no idea where the huge puddle of water in front of where the TV is in the back room came from, but mopping it up did give me an excuse to catch a little of the game after my break. The Cardinals never had a chance. The Eagles took control early on and rarely faltered. They did a little mopping of their own and wiped the humidity-drenched turf of the Linc with them 34-7.

It was so quiet, I was able to leave slightly early. Had a quick leftovers dinner, then took a nice, long bath. Ahh, that felt great. The rain was gone by then, but it remained cloudy and killer humid. I looked over Christmas craft and cook books for candy-making ideas and listened to one of my Reader's Digest jazz CDs.

Finished the night after my bath listening to the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers LP Southern Accents in honor of the rock star's passing last week as I went online. This was not a huge hit in the US, but it does have some ok tracks, including "Rebels," "Don't Come Around Here Anymore," and "The Best of Everything."

No comments: