Friday, April 12, 2019

This Is My Day of Rest

While I did feel a little better when I woke up this morning, my head remained stuffy, and I was still coughing like crazy. I decided to do what I should have done all week and just spent the day at home. Ran an episode of The Backyardigans during breakfast. Uniqua and Tyrone ask Tasha "What's Bugging You?" when she calls them to rid her house of pests. Turns out on of the wormen, the colorful worm-like critters who appear on the show from time to time, has gotten in. She needs her house to be perfect to get into Mr. Spiffy's (Pablo) Spiffy Club. Tyrone and Uniqua try to figure out a way to get rid of him, and then him and all his buddies.

I spent most of the day on the computer. Did do some writing, but I mainly hung out, hoping to see the trailer for the new Star Wars movie. The Rise of Skywalker was worth waiting for. I am so happy. Happy to see Rey do that awesome move onto the TIE Interceptor. Happy to see Lando again. Happy to cry with Rey when she hugged Leia. Happy to see that BB8 has an equally cute little friend.

From the title and the way things sound to me - Luke's narration, Lando in the Falcon, the appearance of one of the medals from New Hope, the trio coming up on the ruins of the Death Star, the all-too familiar laughter in the end - I suspect a dying Leia may have sent Rey, Rose, the droids, and the boys to Tatoonie and maybe a mining colony to find out more about Luke and her family's past, including from Lando. There may be something in Luke's past, between the end of Jedi and his starting his school, that could help them stop the First Order. Ben Solo (Kylo Ren is a dumb name) would probably still prefer to let the past die and will keep them away from anything that involves resurrecting any part of his family that doesn't make him look like the grandson of Darth Vader.

Even if that's not what happens, I'm still excited. This is the best possible birthday present Lucasfilm could have given me. I can't wait for Christmas now. Here's the trailer, so you can make a few ideas of your own:

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Broke for a quick lunch at 1:30. Had a banana-peanut butter smoothie while watching an episode of Good Eats. Alton shows how easy it is to make your own marshmallows...and all the recipes they can be used for. Given that one of the things he makes is more-or-less his own Peeps, I thought this one was appropriate for right before Easter.

Ran outside quickly after I ate to see if I had any mail. Grabbed a package for me in the mailbox and shoved it under my shirt to keep it dry in the rain. It was a birthday present from Linda and James Young. I'll open the gift on Sunday, but I did open the card now. They also sent me copies of the original 1980's Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea (The Sequel) miniseries. I've had the Sullivan Anne of Green Gables for  years, but I haven't seen Anne of Avonlea since the 80's. I'll give Anne of Green Gables to someone else, or donate them to one of the libraries.

(The wind started while I was online the first time. It didn't rain until lunch. It's rained off and on, sometimes heavily, for the rest of the day.)

I went down for a nap after lunch. Got up around 4 and actually got some writing in along with the puttering around. Luke and Ben are working with his new light sword in the back of the van as Harris turns onto twisty roads overlooking the upscale Naboo Heights section of town. Harris thinks the whole thing is ridiculous, but Ben is adamant that the young man learn to use his newfound abilities.

Didn't break for dinner until 7:30. Had leftover tuna salad while playing more Kirby's Epic Yarn. Space Land can be fun, but a lot of areas are tough to figure out. There were at least two worlds that took so long, I never did find the music discs in them. By the time I made it to the boss round, it was getting late. I'll take on Meta Knight tomorrow.

Finished the night with another episode of Smallville. "Onyx" gives us two Lex Luthors in one when an explosion at the lab splits him into  his evil and good selves. His evil self locks his good self away in the mansion and proceeds to make as much trouble as he can, including hitting on Lana and threatening to expose Clark's secret. Clark and Chloe have to figure out what's going on and how to bring the two back together.

I'm going to have to go out tomorrow, even if I don't do it for long. I'm almost out of tissues and milk, among other things. I need to go to the grocery store. I'll need to get my schedule, too.

No comments: