Thursday, May 14, 2020

On a Clear Day...

Began a sunny morning with breakfast and To Tell the Truth. This time, the panel voted on a multi-talented blind man who rescued his toddler daughter from drowning by listening for her air bubbles. Once again, the votes were all over the place. Gene Rayburn and I went for stocky number 3, but it proved to be number 2. (And the guy really did do everything. He went to the Olympics as a wrestler, recorded an album, and golfed and played basketball, among many other things.)

Work's still really crazy. I started in the bathroom, but they pulled me after less than an hour to do carts. At least it was a gorgeous day for it. It was a bit breezy, but also warm, probably into the upper 60's-lower 70's. Ended up inside after lunch to help a customer and return the (many) things she didn't want.

Rushed home as soon as I could get out. Changed and watched Super Password while having a snack and preparing my laundry. Pat Sajak of Wheel of Fortune and cranky Vicki Lawrence of The Carol Burnett Show and Mama's Family helped a gentleman and lady win quite a bit of money...when Vicki wasn't complaining loudly about the "Cashword" toaster that didn't work and often held words that were too hard to describe.

Dashed out to the laundromat after the show ended. I mostly wanted to get work clothes done. It was busy enough when I arrived for me to head two blocks down and across the street to WaWa. Treated myself to a Cookie Dough Smoothie on the way out. It was a vanilla smoothie with cookie bits that were so big, they kept clogging my straw. At least I didn't have that big of a load, and my clothes were in and out of the drier in a flash. Good thing, too. It got cloudy as I was leaving work and has stayed that way the rest of the day (though it hasn't rained yet at press time).

Worked on writing for a little while after I put everything away. How will they get into the palace, asks Fannie. Why, disguise of course, Richard suggests. He'll pose as a prince again, with Gene as  his major domo. There's still what to do about Fannie, and clothes for the entire crowd...

Broke for leftovers for dinner and Sale of the Century at 7. The woman champion was once again neck-and-neck with the sole man the entire time. They actually tied in the speed round, and she just barely won the tiebreaker. She decided not to risk another tie and went for a pair of cars instead of returning.

Finished the night with On a Clear Day You Can See Forever, which can currently be found for free on demand at Pluto TV. I go further into this unique musical featuring Barbra Streisand as a woman who has lived multiple lives at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

On a Clear Day You Can See Forever

Oh, and while the syndicated premieres will continue, Match Game marathons are on hiatus for a while. The man who makes these and cleans them up just lost his mother to meningitis and understandably isn't up to anything complicated at the moment.

No comments: