Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

Started off the morning with breakfast and PAW Patrol. "Pups and the Beanstalk" has Rubble dreaming that he and the other Paw Patrol members have to save Adventure Bay from Giant Alex stomping around. Cap'n Turbot is out in the Bay with his French cousin, trying to take photos of blue-footed booby birds in their nests. The "Pups Save the Turbots" when their arguing leaves them stranded. 

Went online to do job hunting for the next few hours, then decided to try something different and made pancakes for lunch. Yum! I thought I added too much milk and made them too thin, but they came out all right. I really had them to get rid of the maple syrup that's been hanging around since September. Spread orange marmalade on them and added a banana. 

Jessa picked me up at 2 to see Bob Marley: One Love in Deptford. The AMC Deptford 8 is near the condo she shares with her husband Joe, and they see movies there all the time. I gave her an AMC gift card for her birthday. We were originally going to go out to dinner too, but Jess said she wasn't up to it. We did get to enjoy the film in a much smaller theater with seats that were even more comfortable than the recliners at the Cinemark 16, and in a cozy theater that was a lot less of a maze.

As for One Love, I go further into that at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Dark clouds had built up on the horizon all day. By the time Jessa and I got out of the movie, they'd burst. It showered hard all the way back to Oaklyn. I still wanted to go out for dinner, so I took out the trash, grabbed my rain coat and an umbrella, and went back out.

I ended up eating at Phillies Phatties, which I like much better than Capitol Pizza. Had a cheese slice, a mushroom slice, and a bottle of Diet Pepsi while listening to the news in Spanish on Telemundo. I timed it just right. Two boys came in as I ate the cheese slice. Crowds of little girls in leotards walked by as I finished dinner. A mom came in with two just as I was leaving.

Stopped by the Puddin' Palace a few doors down for dessert. They emphasize tasty but expensive parfaits with their own home-made pudding and cake. I had such a hard time choosing! I finally decided the Triple Chocolate sounded too rich and went for Strawberry Shortcake instead. (I made a wise decision. That was excellent, with just-sweet-enough vanilla pudding, strawberry crumbles, yummy sponge cake, and real strawberries.)

The rain had slowed down briefly when I walked down West Clinton, but it picked up as I walked home. I hurried back fast as I could. The rain has been off and on ever since.

Had my pudding while watching Match Game '76. The panel celebrates Christmas week with the return of Orson Bean, along with a hilarious Mary Wickes. We kick off with everyone figuring out "__ Pills" on the Audience Match and Brett announcing that she's kicked the cigarette habit. 

Took a shower, then went back upstairs for Match Game Syndicated. Charles and Brett open the first show by discussing Brett's hotel room being robbed in New York. Joyce has a harder time with "__ Sheriff" in the Audience Match. Charles continues the gag in the second show, this time (supposedly) reading about it in Variety

Finished the night with more WKRP In Cincinnati. Mrs. Carlson hires "The Consultant" to give her a report on how WKRP is doing. Andy tries to talk to the guy, but he claims he'll give them a bad review if he doesn't take his services. Andy and the others then act the opposite of how they usually do to make the guy and his report seem a lot less credible.

More rumors circulate at WKRP when Les notices how much time Andy's been spending with Mrs. Carlson. Andy's trying to get her to replace the transmitter that was blown up earlier in the season. He starts to wonder if it's "Love, Exciting and New" and she's trying to harass him, but they finally find a way to turn those rumors on their ear. 

Arthur learns that "You Can't Go Out of Town Again" when he takes Carmen to the hotel where they spent the night of their first college dance. He's upset when a former jock who used to bully him tells him that Carmen only dated him because he was on the "dip" list. Carmen, however, found out that there's a lot more to Arthur than meets the eye.

Herb is excited to do a new commercial for a popular brand of diet "Pills." Andy, Venus, and Johnny protest when they learn that the pills are actually a legalized form of speed that's being sold to kids. They refuse to do them, then do them as a joke when the owner threatens to sue them. Herb learns an unfortunate lesson when tragedy strikes and he finally admits this is one sale he never should have made. 

No comments: