Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Night of the Hi-De-Ho Man

Got a quick start today with breakfast and Bluey on Disney Plus. Bluey is supposed to be playing "Hide and Seek" with her family, but she's easily distracted by her other toys. It takes a few minutes, but she finally learns to focus and remember what she was actually doing.

The Uber to work only took 2 minutes to arrive. I was almost late getting out! I don't know why Uber keeps sending the drivers to the house next to the one I'm in. At least I caught him shaking out his car rugs. It took me 7 minutes to get a ride home. At least there was no trouble either way, and I arrived at work just in time.

And that was the worst thing that happened all day. The Acme was slightly busier due to Tuesday being when seniors get a 5 percent discount, but it still wasn't anywhere near crazy. I did have to return cold items and duck around people organizing frozen food in new freezers, but other than that, I once again spent the morning and early afternoon sweeping and pushing carts on a gorgeous, sunny day.

Changed when I got home and got my sister Jessa's birthday card and gift card together, then went back out again. Not only was it too nice to sit inside all day, I needed to run a few errands. Dropped Jessa's birthday card at the post office. I was going to buy stamps, but the line in the tiny building was nearly out the door! I still have a few stamps left. I'll buy them another time, when it's a lot less crazy.

Had more luck at Dollar General. I was there for cheaper pads than they had at the Acme. Grabbed a Dr. Pepper Zero, too. Went in, got what I needed, and went out.

I had originally planned on reviewing Boarding House Blues, a black musical from the 1940's on Tubi, until I remembered I already reviewed it in February 2021. Quickly switched to a similar movie from the same time period that's also currently on Tubi, Hi-De-Ho. I go further into this vehicle for jazz orchestra leader Cab Calloway at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 


Did some job hunting after that, then worked on writing. Patti finally transforms into her bubble as she explains about Mombi. She's the most evil witch of all of them, and she'll do anything to rule Oz with her fellow wicked warlocks. 

Broke for dinner at 7 PM. Watched Match Game Syndicated while I ate. The name "Edna" is officially retired from use in "ugly" questions during the first episode, due to too many complaints from real Ednas. Bart gets rather violently booed by the crowd after his answer to "Fats ___" on the Head-to-Head is close to the contestant's but doesn't quite match. The second show is the one that inspired my Nutcracker Blank story. Bart spends the episode picking on Debralee Scott under him. She goes to beat him up after he tosses one too many cards at her head, but she grabs him for a kiss instead!

Finished the night at Amazon Prime with The Wild Wild West, which is currently free with a subscription there. It's the "Night of the Vicious Valentine" when older industrialists start dying shortly after marrying younger brides. Agents James West and Artemis Gordon learn they all found their brides with matchmaker Emma Valentine (Agnes Moorehead). Turns out she has an ambitious plot to take over the US...at least before her latest girl falls for the older man intended to be her victim. 

No comments: