Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Sleepytime Angels

Got such a quick start this morning, I barely had time to write in my journal, eat, and go. The Uber driver only took 8 minutes to arrive, but I was so late in starting, I wound up being a few minutes late to work. Had far more luck going home, getting a ride in three minutes.

Not that it mattered. There was no one up front when I came in. I'm not sure anyone even realized I was late. I spent the entire lovely morning pushing carts and sweeping, and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. It was a gorgeous day to be pushing carts, sunny, blue, and breezy. Just about as perfect of a day as you can get in early February. No trouble here whatsoever.

Went straight into a nap when I got home. I'm tired, and I've been up too late recently. Passed out soon as I got home at 2:30 and didn't get up until 4:30.

Worked on job hunting and finally sending what little I have done to Irene Perez after I rolled out of bed. Watched the Vega$ feature-length pilot episode "High Roller" while I worked. Dan Tanna (Robert Urich) is a private eye based out of the title city who mainly works for Desert Inn owner Phillip "Slick" Roth (Tony Curtis). Tanna is hired by a midwestern couple to find their young daughter. He catches her as a call girl and manages to rescue her, but she's killed shortly after. He follows the clues into the seedy underbelly of Sin City to find out who murdered her and why. Meanwhile, Roth would rather he figured out a tricky older gentleman (Red Buttons) has been making a killing at his slot machines.

Switched to Match Game '79 after dinner. Vintage TV puppets Kukla and Ollie made their only appearance on the show this week, and the only time puppets appeared on any version of Match Game without a ventriloquist. Brett adored them and spent the week flirting with Ollie the Dragon. Gene arrived in the first episode on roller skates. In the second, Eva Gabor nearly started a riot over whether "toy pistol" matched "water pistol."

Finished the night after a shower with another Aaron Spelling show, Charlie's Angels. The ladies set "The Jade Trap" in order to catch a cunning thief who has been targeting safes belonging to wealthy residents of a live-in hotel. After one of the residents is killed during a robbery, there's concerns that the thief has turned violent. Kris poses as a Swedish actress who wants to sell her late husband's jade collection, Kelly as a southern belle out to buy it, and Bosley as an auctioneer in order to catch the thief in his own web. Meanwhile, Sabrina discovers that a handsome sailor may know more than he's telling. 

No comments: