Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Stormy Harts

Started off a cloudy, gloomy morning with breakfast and more Green Eggs & Ham. Guy seems awfully cagey to be at his family's "House." He says they look down on him, but to tell the truth, they're good people who want the best for him. He's the one who looks down on himself for not matching their achievements. Sam finally admits to Guy that he never really had a family and he shouldn't take his for granted. Turns out that's not all Sam's lying about when he makes a call at the very end whose recipient shocks even the Narrator...

Though it was only cloudy and breezy at that point, it was supposed to rain later. I ended up calling Uber. They arrived in 4 minutes this morning. Between the weather and it being 6 when I got out, I had to wait 15 minutes for someone to arrive this evening. Thankfully, no trouble either way once they did arrive.

I spent most of my 8 1/2 hour day sweeping or outside gathering carts. It started to rain hard around 11 and hasn't let up since. I shelved items people didn't want or took trash in the back when I got too wet, but I could only do that so often. I was the only bagger there the entire morning and afternoon. Had to clean up two spills on my own and keep up with everything. I was soaked to the skin by the time I finally finished.

I was so tired, I changed and went straight into Match Game '77 when I went home. Dick Martin took Charles' place during this week. Brett was probably happier to be sitting next to handsome soap star Tom Hallick. One of the writers must have been hungry during this episode. There was a question about what the astronaut discovered the Milky Way is covered in, not to mention one of the answers to "___ Henry" in the Audience Match. Meanwhile, Earl the stagehand is asleep on the job, and there's the contestant with the sweet, adorable little voice.

Ate dinner while watching Match Game Syndicated. Charles returns, joined by Richard Paul, Joyce Bulifant, and sweet Susan Richardson. Gene tapes up a strange saying he found stuck on a wall backstage in the start of the first episode, and everyone "awws" Susan's new baby. In the second episode, Charles takes the band off his cowboy hat for a sweat band, and Joyce's ridiculously sad story prompts a walk-out.

Finished the night after a shower with Hart to Hart. "Harts On the Scent" has Jonathan looking forward to creating a unique fragrance for Jennifer at the perfume factory he's buying. He and Jennifer are shocked when the original owner is killed by a dog who previously adored him. When Freeway also begins to show signs of attack, the two realize that there's more to Jennifer's new fragrance than just a good smell. They take a closer look at the factory owner's chemist widow and her head chemist with the expert nose for a good scent. 

No comments: