Monday, July 23, 2007

Back To Business

I more-or-less returned to the daily schedule today. Ran to the bank and did some work on my Monkees fantasy story. I'm going to try to concentrate on writing this week, since there really isn't much else I can do. I'm too broke to do any more traveling or major shopping at the moment, and I still want to rest up that knee (which got bounced around considerably on that Raging Rapids ride at Great Escape).

Watched Grand Hotel during dinner. I have the cast album for the 1989 musical, but I'd only read about the movie until now. God, that was awesome. If the Doctor really thinks nothing goes on in that hotel, he's been looking behind all the wrong doors. The starry cast really delivered, especially John and Lionel Barrymore as a Baron desperate for money and a sweet-natured former accountant determined to live life to the fullest after he discovers he's dying. (I almost cried along with Kringelin and Flammechen at the end, when he offered to take her to Paris. That was so sweet, and Joan Crawford and Lionel Barrymore did so well in that scene.)

Also went back to work, which much to my relief was busy but not much of a problem. A lot of people are probably still on vacation.

The weather behaved, too. It rained this morning, but by the time I was finished with work, it was sunny and 75 out. "Feels like a fall day," said one woman as I headed outside. I couldn't have agreed more. It felt more like a day in early September than mid-July...and I wish every day in mid-July felt this nice.

No comments: