Friday, April 29, 2016

Dolls On a Cloudy Day

It was still gloomy outside when I got up this morning. I began the day with breakfast and It's Arbor Day, Charlie Brown. Sally wants to honor Arbor Day by planting a garden and an orchard. Somehow, Lucy decides the kids' baseball field is the perfect place to plant. Charlie Brown's not too happy, until it looks like their conservation project might actually help win them a game.

Moved on to one of the two Sailor Moon episodes remaining on the first disc while doing dishes. When Chibi-Usa gets sick, the Guardians have to go inside her mind and dispel the creature that's giving her nightmares. The Chibi-Usa inside her head doesn't know the Guardians yet, but Sailor Moon assures her that she can trust them, inside or outside of her memories.

Spent the next hour or so changing the dolls into somewhat less fancy spring outfits. Jessa is in a mix of several different pieces - the flower-tie-dyed T-shirt and neon yellow ankle socks from the Hiking Outfit from a few years ago, the lavender cardigan sweater from Kit's original "meet" outfit, a pair of lightweight flared jeans Lauren sent me from a yard sale in her area, and flamingo-print sneakers from an outfit I bought at Collingswood's May Fair a few years ago. Samantha wears her Pink Striped Birthday Dress and Pinafore with the striped ribbon from her current hair accessory set, the pink ballet tights, and the white shoes from (Rebecca's) Lace Dress. Whitney wears a polka-dot dress I bought off eBay about two years ago. The seller listed it as being for Molly, but the wide skirt and puffed sleeves really look more appropriate for the 50's. I added the purple strap shoes and white and purple purse Lauren gave me for Christmas with the lavender bow from Sam's Frilly Frock. Molly is in her own rick-rack-trimmed Birthday Pinafore and white t-strap shoes. Josefina sports her Dress and Vest with her gold fringed Heritage Accessories shawl. I left Felicity in her pink Birthday Dress. I really don't have much to change her into.

Headed out to run errands as soon as I finished with the dolls. I've been wanting to bring a big bag of donations (including the books I cleared out from the last round of the book list) there for ages. I finally remembered to do it today. There were a couple of people on the computer, probably trying to avoid the gloomy weather. I organized DVDs and gave the kids' area a quick look (ignoring CNN fussing about politics in the background).

After I really quick stop at WaWa to use the ATM machines, I dodged the on-and-off showers and made my way to the Westmont Bagel Shop for lunch. Had a nice, simple Bacon, Cheddar, and Apple Sandwich with fries. It was nice and salty and delicious, but very messy! I enjoyed it in surprising quiet. The only other people there was one older woman and a mother and her daughter who opted to sit in the front room.

Next stop was the Haddon Township Library. They were slightly busier than they have been the last few times I've been there. They finally moved the children's DVDs to their newer, more colorful shelves. I organized those, then put away a pile of audio books and new releases. Took out more new titles from the kids' area for Strawberry Shortcake, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and Equestria Girls.

Made a quick run to Thriftway after I finished at the Library. I just needed skim milk and toilet paper, both of which are far cheaper there than they are at the Acme. I'll do my main grocery shopping tomorrow. I had absolutely no desire to go anywhere near the Acme today!

Went straight home and on the computer to work on my story. Vader uses his corrupted Khyber crystals to torture Han, stripping away his strength. Leia is thrown into a tower cell with Cecil. She convinces Cecil to climb down her hair and escape to find Chewie and the Falcon just before Han is thrown into the tower with her. Leia wants to use her powers to heal Han, but that may not be possible once her father arrives...

Broke around 6 for dinner. Finished out the Sailor Moon disc first while starting Skillet Ground Turkey and Pasta, made over from the recipe for Sloppy Joes in Julie's Cooking Studio, for dinner. I didn't have tomato sauce, so I used condensed tomato soup. Replaced the green peppers (which I didn't have either) with mushrooms and added small whole-wheat shells.

Though Usagi is happy that Chib-Usa's feeling better, she doesn't like how the little girl clings to Mamoru. Hoping to eat her way into happiness, she ends up at a new bakery that's giving out free samples. The Guardians are there, too...as is Esmeraude, the newest Black Moon Clan member to arrive in the 20th century. The girls learn that too much sugar can be really bad for you when they're attacked by a monster made of cake and candy!

Finished the night with dinner and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Pop Star Minnie is their second musical tale in a row to headline a disc. This time, Minnie is supposed to be having a concert on Melody Mountain. Not only are the gang's musical instruments missing, but she has no idea what genre of music she wants to perform. As they find the instruments, the characters demonstrate what type of musical genre is often associated with that instrument, from Goofy playing a country tune on his banjo to Pete's one-cat accordion polka to a rather nice blues tune done by Donald on his harmonica.

No comments: