Sunday, February 18, 2018

Blue Skies and Sunny Days

The sun had returned by the time I rolled out of bed this morning. Celebrated a beautiful winter day with banana chocolate chip pancakes and The Roaring 20's. The soundtrack to the 60's TV show has comedienne Dorothy Provine, joined a quartet and chorus girls, performing beloved numbers from the actual 1920's like "Don't Bring Lulu," "Charleston," and "Poor Butterfly." (There's also a really nice version of "Someone to Watch Over Me.")

Spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon writing. Rose manages to calm Phasma's horse and get a stone out of its shoe after the obnoxious First Order princess threatens it with a whip. She tells Phasma to be kinder to her animals. Finn realizes he's starting to get a better view of what Phasma is like under that armor and her beautiful looks...and he has a plan to teach her a lesson.

Broke for lunch at 1:30. Listened to one of my Disney CD collections while eating a quick lunch and getting ready for work. I bought this set almost a decade ago with a gift card from Lauren, and it was a decade old then. I listened to this CD mainly because it starts off with "I'll Make a Man Out of You," my favorite number from the so-so score to Mulan. Other fun songs on this set include Dr. John's version of "Cruella Di Vill" (one of the best things about the live-action 101 Dalmatians films), "Lavender Blue" from So Dear to My Heart, "What's This?" from The Nightmare Before Christmas, and "Seize the Day" from the film version of Newsies.

Work was mildly steady, a surprise for a Sunday. This is normally our busiest day of the week. Part of it may have been that gorgeous weather. The snow had long vanished by the time I was doing carts at work. A lot of people may have taken a day trip to the Shore or Poconos. As a cashier pointed out, others may simply be broke and burned out on partying after Valentine's Day and the Eagles' Super Bowl win happened in the space of a week and a half. Cleaned the bathrooms for the first hour, but I was otherwise outside, either with the cart or the outside trash, and I was perfectly fine with that.

When I got home, I ate leftovers for dinner, then finished out the night with more Lego Star Wars. Did "Dagobah" and "The Great Pit of Carkoon." "Dagobah" went much better; got almost all but two of the pieces and the red brick there. While I was able to pick up the red brick in "Pit of Carkoon," I missed a lot more pieces. And I still couldn't get True Jedi! Maybe next time.

No comments: