Monday, March 24, 2008

Gardener's Delight, Worker's Pain

Not surprisingly for the day after a major holiday, work was steady-to-dead. The worst that happened was I smacked my wrist really hard against the divider between the bag loading area and the shelf for the paper bags. I was annoyed with an obnoxious older man who wanted me to re-bag his entire order in paper and then gave me five hundred different commands on how to do it and not paying attention to where my hands were. It hurt like hell, but I couldn't get ice on it until I got home. (And that jerk didn't even say "thank you" after I went through all that. Being older doesn't excuse you from good manners!)

My WebKinz site had a lovely surprise waiting for me this morning, though. I don't know if it's another glitch or Ganz's way of making up for two days of the gardens acting weird, but I read about several people at the AdultKinz fan forum who went online this morning and found every single plant in their garden ready for harvesting! I immediately went to WebKinz and had Rosie the Pink Pony check my garden. Sure enough, all of the plants, even Linda the Collie's Dog Bone Plant, were ripe and ready for picking. (And don't ask me how a dog bone can be ripe.) I amassed quite a tidy sum from selling most of that back to the W Shop!

No comments: