Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring, Spring, Spring

The first day of spring brought sunny skies and gusty winds to Camden County. I spent the morning doing laundry and watching Goof Troop and Micky's House of Mouse at Uncle Ken and Dad's house. Dad is feeling better. He'd just returned from doing chores when I was on my way out. I asked him what he was doing for Easter. He said he was going to our cousins' Karen and Jim's house, and I was welcome to join them. I said I'd be delighted, especially after my Christmas with relatives went so well.

It was too windy to ride my bike to Collingswood for my counseling session, so I walked there. Scott and I discussed the possibility of my having Asperger's Syndrome, my loving-but-bossy mother's effect on my life, and my parents' mid and late-80s troubles.

After counseling, I went to the Treehouse Cafe for lunch. I had a very spicy chicken chili, hot chocolate, and two small chocolate chip cookies. I browsed in several stores after that, but the only things I ended up buying were more records from the Collingswood Library.

My big record finds were two rare Disney soundtracks for their late 60s live-action musicals The Happiest Millionaire and The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band. Actually, the Family Band record was really a kids' audio-and-book set that featured most of the songs from the movie (save the older sister's solo number). Happiest Millionaire probably has the (mildly) better score, but the Family Band record has the advantage of being entertainingly narrated by two of the kids from the title music group, one of whom sounded exactly like the little girl who was the voice of the original Lucy in the 60s Peanuts specials. The Family Band cover also featured a read-along book with gorgeous full-color pictures. (The book for The Happiest Millionaire only had some black-and-white photos and a few lyrics.)

I called Mom as I went online to wish her a happy birthday. She, Daddy, and Keefe had just returned from a trip to the Hamilton Mall to return a popcorn maker whose handle broke. It must have been a birthday present; Mom loves popcorn. Otherwise, she was fine. We mostly talked about how my counseling session went and whether we discussed the possibility of my having Asberger's Syndrome.

1 comment:

Linda said...

It WAS the voice of Lucy--Pamelyn Ferdin was in FAMILY BAND. However, not the original Lucy; Sally Dryer was the original one. Pamelyn came later.