Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beating the Storms

Spent most of the morning and afternoon at work. It was on-and-off busy, with no really major problems. The weather was ominous all day, not quite as hot as it was over the weekend, but still cloudy and VERY humid. If my still-wet porch was any indication, it rained overnight and had just begun to spit when I went to work around 10:30AM. When I got out at quarter of 4 after picking up yogurt and some other essentials that were only on sale this week, the sun was fighting a battle with the clouds that, as it turned out, it would lose. Just 20 minutes after I got home and changed into a T-shirt and shorts, I heard the first rumble of thunder. The storms have continued on and off for the rest of the night. I was going to go to Uncle Ken's and go swimming, but needless to say, I didn't end up going anywhere. I did some things around the house and took a look at my luggage to see what travel items I'll need when I go to New England in September.

No comments: