Thursday, April 08, 2010

All-Day Work-a-thon

Yup, today was my 8 1/2 hour shift. It was BOOOORRRIIINGGG! We were dead for almost the entire day. There was one short spurt around 1PM and another around 6, but other than that, I spent a lot of time standing around the register hating my job. Didn't help that I had a massive headache for most of the day and was really tired. I did have three breaks, including one half-hour lunch, but I didn't get the last break until about 45 minutes before my shift was done.

On the other hand, there were no major problems with the customers we did have. One woman fussed when she thought the stickers on the rotisserie chicken meant they were $2.00 (they're $6.99), but other than that, nothing. And my relief was that kid who is always late coming in from work; he was supposed to have arrived at 7, but didn't show until 20 minutes later...which meant I inadvertently got off 10 minutes early.

I even managed to get the budget done this morning before work. Yes, I did spend an awful lot last month, including more than usual on food. First of all, though, I got that check from the Union. Second, I ate at home for most of the week I was on vacation, which I don't usually do.

No comments: