Thursday, April 29, 2010

Frustrated Balance

I'd just finished getting dressed when the phone rang. Yup, it was the Acme. Could I come in at 11:30? Someone called out. No. I feel bad, but I really did want to get in yoga class and volunteering at the Collingswood Library. I told them I'd go in at 1:30. That would give me enough time to get home and eat and still have extra hours.

Yoga class was tough today. The emphasis was on hip and knee work. First of all, my knees get sore when they're pushed too hard. Second, I'm still not very flexible. No matter how hard I tried, I just could not grab both of my legs for bow at all. I felt so embarrassed, even though I knew no one was watching. This wasn't helped by a busy class, 13 including the teacher Karin.

I went straight to the library after class. I did exactly what I did last week, which was organize the DVDs. It was about all I had time for, anyway. Once again, they needed it. The kids' DVDs really get out of order.

Went home after that and had lunch. Alas, lunch (fish tacos and a banana) took me longer than I thought it would, and I was late leaving...not helped by accidentally dropping the cookie tin when I moved it to get to my granola bars! The cookies were ok, but crumbs spilled everywhere. I wasn't even able to clean it up until I got home.

After all that, work turned out to be a little busier than yesterday, but still not crazy. There were no really major problems other than the lack of help - I wasn't the only person called in today.

No comments: