Monday, April 19, 2010

And Now, the Rest of the Story

The rest of today was comparatively quiet. I ran some errands after I got dressed and had breakfast. Stopped at the post office to deliver bills, then went a block down to the bank to deposit my paycheck. Went down to Dunkin' Donuts next to treat myself to an Orange Coolatta. I don't often go to Dunkin' Donuts. I'm not fond of their primary wares - donuts and coffee - but I thought a new aunt deserved a special treat.

I spent the rest of the morning announcing my new nephew's arrival to everyone on Facebook and on this blog, then browsed a site about American Girl doll collecting I discovered last month, AGPlaythings. I was looking up information on when Jess got her dolls (since she doesn't really remember) and what's available for them. I'm going to say Jess got them between 1997 and 1999, from the yellow, turquoise, and pink "meet" outfit Little Jess has, the two "dress up" outfits (the fairy princess turned out to be the Sugar Plum Fairy), and Felicity's orange floral "meet" gown.

Work was, once again, pretty quiet. It got busier during the 4-6 rush hour, but otherwise there were no problems beyond some annoying old ladies who give 600 different orders on how to bag but refuse to lift a finger to help themselves. Ladies, I know what I'm doing. Let me do my job, please.

Oh, and Dad called me before I left for work...or tried to. I was in the midst of my peanut-butter-and-berry-jam sandwich and apple lunch, and I tried to open a cell phone and eat an apple at the same time. Nope, it doesn't work. When I finally got through to him, he said he'd be willing to take me to see Khai and Rose at Cooper River Memorial Hospital in Camden tomorrow.

No comments: