Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Time Isn't On My Side

I didn't think I'd be able to sleep last night, but I did...too well. By the time I sleepily groped for my alarm clock, it was 10:25! That sort of threw off my whole day. I don't usually sleep anywhere near that late. I didn't help that my head was still achy and stuffed up and my throat was still dry and itchy. The rest of me felt fine, though, and I figured that was good enough to head out for my chores.

Laundry was first. It was just as well that Dad was the only one who was home (though I did see Jodie briefly) and I didn't really have much laundry to do anyway. I wasn't up for a lot of conversation. I have no idea where Uncle Ken and Dolores were. Probably out running chores. I crocheted Sam's scarf and finished the most recent Holmes on the Range story, The Crack In the Lens.

After I finally finished, I had a quick lunch of an orange and a granola bar and headed back out to the Haddon Township Library. Considering it was quarter after 4 by the time I rolled into Super Fresh, it wasn't busy and it hadn't taken me long to cross Cuthbert Road. I had few problems buying bunched carrots and parchment paper. (I ran out making cookies yesterday.)

The Haddon Township Library was busy when I arrived. I shelved dozens of DVDs, but I didn't do anything else and I didn't take anything out. I've taken out a ton of stuff already that I haven't read yet, and I don't think I'm really going to have the time to watch much this week.

I rode part-way across Newton River Park going home. The park's pretty at this time of year, with all the greenery and purple irises and yellow dandelions. There were lots of other people out and about, too, mostly joggers and dog-walkers getting a final stroll in before dinner.

I got home at 10 after 6, just in time for fish tacos for dinner. I was going to rake the yard tomorrow. We'll see how I feel.

No comments: