Monday, May 07, 2012

Bedroom Shuffle

I spent most of the day trying to re-organize the furniture in my bedroom. My new bookshelf couldn't go against the back wall anymore, thanks to my bed. I didn't want it against the heater, and putting it next to the desk would block the windows overlooking the porch. I tried moving the dresser next to the standing closets and putting the Ikea shelves where they were, but the dresser is just too big. It's a cheap, heavy piece that came with the apartment. I never liked it. It takes up too much room, and it hasn't held up well over the years. I may ask Andrew and Linda if they want it and see if I can find something inexpensive from a yard sale, like I did with my bed and roll-top desk.

I did get a few things figured out. I've decided to get rid of most of my Star Wars books. I still like the movies, and my action figures are collectibles and don't take up a lot of room. I haven't read any of the books in years, though. I kept a few of the older ones (and may get rid of those eventually) and put the rest aside to donate to the libraries. The dark green crate that held the books was moved into the living room to store records. I moved the small shelf with various collectible toys next to the dresser, but I may swap it with the AG dolls' bed tomorrow.

It took me so long to move everything around, I didn't get to lunch until 3 or the laundromat until 3:30...and I had to work at 5. Bad idea. It was busy as heck in there, with lots of people doing laundry after work or classes. I barely got a washer. Thankfully, I had an easier time with the driers. That still didn't leave me much time. I rushed home, went through my laundry bag for my newly-cleaned uniform, quickly threw ham in a container, a bag of trail mix, and a banana into my lunch bag, and rushed to work.

Work was surprisingly busy for late on a Monday. We're getting through the last of the beginning-of-the-month people. It didn't really calm down until almost 9PM. Thankfully, I was able to shut down easily.

My original plan for tomorrow was to hit the gym and go to Haddon Township and Oaklyn Libraries Wednesday, but it turns out that the Camden County Library System will be closed on Wednesday for their staff in-service. No matter - I just swapped days. I'll do the libraries tomorrow and save the gym for Wednesday.

No comments: