Monday, May 14, 2012

It's Vacation Time!

Started out a cloudy, humid morning with a run to the laundromat. I learned my lesson last week. From now on, no matter what else I have to do on Monday or Tuesday morning, I get the laundry done first. Some things just can't be rushed. Thankfully, not only did I not have anything resembling the amount of laundry that I did last week, it wasn't nearly as busy, either. There were a few people around, but most of the washers and driers were open. I was in and out quickly.

I spent the rest of the afternoon at home, doing chores and more spring cleaning after lunch. The bathroom floor and the rectangle of linoleum between the entertainment area and the bedroom (the only non-carpeted floors in the apartment) were scrubbed. I finally gave the Maiden Fair Hair I won on eBay months ago a magic eraser bath. That went so well, I wiped down most of my dolls with the magic eraser. I hung the rose print sun catcher on one of the windows overlooking the porch and did the other one I bought of a lighthouse against a lovely sunset. That one will be hung tomorrow.

Work was busy for most of the night. Maybe people were dodging the weather. It started raining on and off while I was inside cleaning, and seems to have continued into the evening. The rain was stopping when I went to work...but it was a soft shower when I came home. I just got wet.

Technically, tomorrow is a normal day off, but after that...vacation! Lauren will be visiting from Wednesday night to next Thursday. I'm going to treat tomorrow and Wednesday morning and afternoon like ordinary days off. I have quite a bit planned, including a run to the Oaklyn and Haddon Township libraries tomorrow. I'd like to try to get donations to Haddon Township; if the weather's too nasty, I'll just go with Lauren next week. I do want to get to Oaklyn, though. I've been neglecting them.

No comments: