Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Dusty Spring Cleaning

I slept in a bit, then enjoyed a leisurely breakfast while watching The Hollywood Revue of 1929. In fact, it was almost noon before I headed out to the gym for my first session there this week. Oddly, while the cardio machines were empty and I had no problems getting a bike, there were lots of people in the weight machine area. I didn't even do the machine for the glutes (stomach); I just did sit-ups in the class area before I stretched.

It was dark and very humid. I didn't trust Mother Nature, so I spent the rest of the afternoon at home. I had leftovers for lunch, then ran the Garfield Travel Adventures specials while doing things around the apartment. I clipped coupons. I replaced Keefe's senior picture with the photo Mom sent me of him in his Navy uniform. (He looks sooo handsome!) I replaced the cheap frame used for my autographed Monkees photo with a frame I bought for my sister's original copy of the 80s Return of the Jedi comic book. (I'm just going to put any Star Wars-related papers or posters into a file folder.) I dusted the dining area and music area. I had just enough time to take out the old mattress, box spring, broom, and phone stand along with the regular trash before I headed to work.

Work was busy all night, despite the humid and warm weather. Other than one couple who threw a fit because they couldn't buy an energy drink on food stamps (those dumb energy drinks aren't considered food - they aren't even good for you!), there were no major problems.

No comments: